DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trouble with 5.1k stutter with shooting at asa 100 and 50fps

pwsl100

Reactions
I recently started flying a Mavic 3 Classic...everything works great except when I try to film 5.1k at asa 100 at 50fps when the video lags alot. All other video settings at 5.1k, 4k and 1080p work fine. If anyone has any ideas, the appreciate the help... Thanks

I recently started flying a Mavic 3 Classic...everything works great except when I try to film 5.1k at asa 100 at 50fps when the video lags alot. All other video settings at 5.1k, 4k and 1080p work fine. If anyone has any ideas, the appreciate the help... Thanks
What are you using for a controller?

Examples would help others understand what you’re seeing!

I am using a DJI RC controller. Additionally, the I am using a MSI GF 65 Thin 10SDR with i-7 and 2 ssd's, one is 1T and the other is 500mb.

I too had the video freezing now and then at 5K setting on Mavic 3 classic. I stopped using 5K and went back to 4K 60 thinking Maybe my Sandisk Micro SD was not fast enough !
Regards,
Ajay

What's your shutter speed? It needs to be around 1/100 if there is panning/strafing shots and things closer to the lens.

If the OP would provide a bit more info and post a video people who could help wouldn’t be guessing so much…

Info - is this freezing of the image on the controller, or freezing of the image in recorded video, or stuttering of the recording with slow camera movement, or only shows up on pans and rapid movement?

Sorry I haven't been able to upload video. The stutter is in the recorded video, throughout the video that has slow camera/drone movement and shows up while flying straight or when panning.

OBTW... I was using an ISO of 100 with a 1/100 shutter speed and 50 fps.
Good to know; that would seem to eliminate the sometimes stuttery effects of fast shutter speeds.
Sorry I haven't been able to upload video. The stutter is in the recorded video, throughout the video that has slow camera/drone movement and shows up while flying straight or when panning.
If you do upload a clip to Youtube, even privately, it may clarify…

How are you viewing your video clips? On what Mac or PC?

One of the possible issues is that Fly may be flipping your recordings from h.264 at 4k to h.265/HEVC at 5.1k, and not all computers play h.265 nicely. May not have the expected hardware support. Or, may rely on a software decoder that puts the load on the computer’s processor.

Youtube could help you understand because it will re-encode your clip to several standards, then when you view the clip on YT later it will send the version it thinks your computer can handle.

But this is just one possibility. h.264 vs. h.265 performance issues can be a real problem.

Check your settings details on the camera between 4k and 5.1k…