DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need help with parts. Snapped off camera

Nighthawk

Reactions
I recently crashed in to a tree and my camera snaoed off.

The damage i got is: 2 cables ripped off, black plastic from gimbal cracked. Also qsilver plastic hausimg part cracked. Got some photis here for referance.

Question is: can i ajust get induvidual partqs or will i have to replace the entire camera assembly?

2lvzu9x.jpg

6schnk.jpg

Is the arm with the broken silver plate bent?
Which country / currency?

Looks like a motor assembly if arm is bent £50
Ribbon if motor assembly is ok £17
Plate £3
Camera cable £27

Superglue cable cover

Or

Complete assembly £270

Iam in Australia (AUD)

It doesent look like the arm is bent. Just the plastic cover is cracked so shoe i can get a new cover. Just haveent found that part yet for sale by it self.

Motors should be ok but is it difficult to install a new ribbon and cords to the camera (solder or plug to camera?).

Thanx allot for the help.

Will have to finde a good place for parts

Ribbon is a little fiddly but easy

Camera cable is a connector both ends

The cover, they don't get sold often, its only thunderdrones on here that I know sells them but I just took mine off and glued it, it only keeps the cables in place, it has no force or load unless you break the gimbal off

Its probably the angle of the photo just looks it to me
_20171008_101908.JPG

Yea i think i will just have to glue it.
Here a picture with a different angle.
156emn9.jpg

I followed the camera cable trough the the gimble and looks pretty straight forward.
Looks like i just have to remove some covers.

5 covers, the worst one is the one you have broken as you have to be very careful with the camera cable as to not trap it

The camera has a screw either side to remove it

Reactions: snowman9031
Their's video out there show which screws and everything but the part won't be cheap

If I was you I would buy a new motor asembly with the flex lead installed from here.

I think you'll like DJI Mavic Pro Gimbal Camera Arm with Flex Cable. Add it to your wishlist!

DJI Mavic Pro Gimbal Camera Arm with Flex Cable

As flex cable can be tricky to install properly
Then get camera cable from here

Mavic Pro Drone Parts PTZ Camera Signal line transmission line Video Cable for for dji mavic pro Accessories
Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com
(from AliExpress Android)

Or here

I think you'll like 1 Pc Quadcopter Gimbal Camera Signal Transmission Cable Line for DJI Mavic Pro Drone-STAI. Add it to your wishlist!

1 Pc Quadcopter Gimbal Camera Signal Transmission Cable Line for DJI Mavic Pro Drone-STAI

The camera head is held on via two screws and pulls straight forward and the camera cable just plugs into it.

Remove that bent side plate and using a little heat from a heatgun bend back straight so you can screw back on.

And you are all fixed.

Also note, its alright for the ones in the US to give insight to spare parts like ThunderDrones and much appreciated but for ones like you or I outside the US, the shipping from the US is almost as much as the part so kills it and is why we have to sorce else where.

Another option you have is a complete new camera kit with digi board from here

100% Original Brand New RC Quadcopter DJI Mavic Pro Drone Gimbal Camera Spare Part Freeshipping
Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com

Last edited:
So sorry to interrupt and sorry for crashed. I also had little crash with mavic backing into roof but pressed paused button right after,doing a dronie totally my fault nothing major but the gimbal anti drop hook broke drone flys can get video & pictures seems normal. My question is can I still fly with it like that or need new anti drop hook any help would be appreciated thanks in advance.
Arron

You can happily carry on flying without the drop hook but replace it as soon as you can.

You can get a whole new panel with hook here
Original DJI Mavic Pro Parts Accessories drone gimbal damping board part shock bracket hanging plate panel
Original DJI Mavic Pro Parts Accessories drone gimbal damping board part shock bracket hanging plate panel-in Drone Cables from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Or from here
I think you'll like Gimbal Vibration Absorbing Bracket Board Mount FOR DJI Mavic Pro RC Spare Parts. Add it to your wishlist!

Gimbal Vibration Absorbing Bracket Board Mount FOR DJI Mavic Pro RC Spare Parts (Color: Black)

There are just 3D printed hooks available but IMHO not worth it and for the price of a whole new flotation board with new rubbers is cheap to replace.

Thanks for your reply but just wondering if it will have any long term damage to gimbal,camera without replacing anti drop hook as I don’t really want to open my bird up. Love it too much I already wrecked a parrot bebop
I’ve flown it and everything seems fine tested video & picture no wobble or jello.

Thanks for your reply but just wondering if it will have any long term damage to gimbal,camera without replacing anti drop hook as I don’t really want to open my bird up. Love it too much I already wrecked a parrot bebop
I’ve flown it and everything seems fine tested video & picture no wobble or jello.

Yes you could cause permanent damage to the motor assembly as the gimbal tries to stabilize itself without the aid of the hook to limit it.

5 covers, the worst one is the one you have broken as you have to be very careful with the camera cable as to not trap it

The camera has a screw either side to remove it
Camera is in pieces now. disassembly went rather well. I have ordered a new camera cabble, a ribbon cable and support plate which should be hopefully here by tomorrow. Now the tricky part and getting it back together in working order but i should be OK. And yes i think i will go with the super glue for the cover for now, unless i run in to any other problems.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661