DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need Help!!!

Bwgies

Reactions
Bought a new mavic 2 pro with dji goggles RE from DJI website directly. Now let me start of with i generally have horrible luck. This is not the first time the carrier had issues delivering so i ended up getting it 3 days late.

Problem 1 : 1st day. Turn it all on. Completely washed out to the point you cant see anything, white screen. both video and photo modes. i had to go manual mode and every day following for this past week i have tried the auto mode and it had been more or less the same thing.

Problem 2 : After going out several times and getting both video and pictures i come to find out all of the pictures are extremely blurry. yes it it on auto focus and i have done multiple batteries of testing for a clear picture on a decent day. > shutter with < apeture and <shutter with > apeture. iso is always 50-100 as it is mid day.

Problem 3 : it crashed itself today when i finally got around to trying out the "Intelligent flight modes". After trying out every mode prior to point of interest (oddly that was my main interest and i waited for last) i went ahead and threw it in poi mode and locked it on my truck in a fairly empty area on a dead end. after it circled a few times i increased the height and then increased the range and...... there it goes right into a tree. Does not look like anything was damaged other than the obvious props which are trashed.

What an experience.

so again. auto mode does not work. pictures are so blurry they are useless. ( my phone takes much clearer photos) and then it crashes itself for me.
anyone mind helping me out with some info.

I will be trying to upload some photos for review tonight.

Thank you :)

Problem 1 : 1st day. Turn it all on. Completely washed out to the point you cant see anything, white screen. both video and photo modes. i had to go manual mode and every day following for this past week i have tried the auto mode and it had been more or less the same thing.
The usual explanation for this is that the exposure compensation feature has been set to over-expose by 2 or 3 stops.
Look at the line of camera data toward the top of your screen and see what is showing under the little EV
In this screenshot it's showing EV -0.3
i-mkhpmCg-M.png

Yours is probably showing EV +2.0 or +3.0
Dial that back close to EV 0

Problem 2 : After going out several times and getting both video and pictures i come to find out all of the pictures are extremely blurry. yes it it on auto focus and i have done multiple batteries of testing for a clear picture on a decent day. > shutter with < apeture and <shutter with > apeture. iso is always 50-100 as it is mid day.
Post one of your blurry pix here in full resolution

The usual explanation for this is that the exposure compensation feature has been set to over-expose by 2 or 3 stops.
Look at the line of camera data toward the top of your screen and see what is showing under the little EV
In this screenshot it's showing EV -0.3
i-mkhpmCg-M.png

Yours is probably showing EV +2.0 or +3.0
Dial that back close to EV 0

Post one of your blurry pix here in full resolution
It seems significantly more than a few stops. working on getting pics... just found out my pc is full of other footage. have to wait on offload to external
thankyou for the input

As far as problem 3 goes.. you have to watch the intelligent flight modes especially when it’s moving side to side. The side sensors are the weakest and often aren’t activated. My only crash was due to Active Track and I let it go out of LOS. It flew sideways into a tree. Completely my fault. Lesson learned. No more intelligent flight modes near any trees

Send the googles back. I had some never got them to work on phantom or mavic
So far my range test was 2 miles with goggles. Not very many good spots around here for it. I believe the battery was dying(was a little windy) so I stopped. I will try again as long as there is no damage from the thing eating a tree. I would have to agree with the other post, no more intelligent flight modes.
Did you have the white goggles? Which model drone? Phantom 4? Mavic pro or mavic 2?

I did have the drone disconnect a few times. One was a mile away over a river completely open with no interference. The other was on the same battery 5 feet away while trying to land it. Had to shut the goggles off to get it back before a train hit it... was sitting a few feet over train tracks and just as I got it connected it tried landing on them. The return to home feature on the mavic 2 is horrible.

I have been sitting on youtube for hours the last 2 days and found people claiming the 1" hasselblad is not using the whole sensor causing the image quality to be roughly the same as the mavic air. The only way to slightly improve it is use the hd mode which crops the view. Anyone know anything on this subject. Supposedly the phantom 4 2+(I think) has the same or similar sensor and has much better image quality. Is anybody using the mavic 2 for commercial work?
Thank you for all the responses.

Bwgles: I would venture to say that there are probably 50,000 words on this subject among many posts so searching on appropriate keywords will almost certainly take you to at least some of them. Lots of repetition as time passed, too. Secondly, there are probably thousands of people using M2's for commercial work. Perhaps not huge jobs that would require a much more robust aircraft but certainly thousands of successful Part 107 testees who for the most part, took the test so they could get the endorsement and be legal to do commercial work.

As for your statement that the M2P yields no better footage or stills than a Mavic Air well, that is SO inaccurate it isn't even funny. All you need to do is peruse the forum for posted videos and stills and you'll see that the image quality from the M2P in virtually any mode yields far better results than a Mavic Air.

Last edited:
Bwgles: I would venture to say that there are probably 50,000 words on this subject among many posts so searching on appropriate keywords will almost certainly take you to at least some of them. Lots of repitition as time passed, too. Secondly, there are probably thousands of people using M2's for commercial work. Perhaps not huge jobs that would require a much more robust aircraft but certainly thousands of successful Part 107 testees who for the most part, took the test so they could get the endorsement and be legal to do commercial work.

As for your statement that the M2P yields no better footage or stills than a Mavic Air well, that is SO inaccurate it isn't even funny. All you need to do is peruse the forum for posted videos and stills and you'll see that the image quality from the M2P in virtually any mode yields far better results than a Mavic Air.

Sorry, my poor choice of words. Video quality. I will spend my free time today to research the forums on the subject.
Thanks for the feedback!

Bwgies: Video or still, it doesn't matter. The M2P's image quality (either type,) is far better than can be obtained from the Mavic Air. Have fun reading. :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flonke