DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need help

Tyronelevi

Reactions
Hey guys i need a little help. my for some reason my dji go 4 app is not recording audio along with my video. i turned the setting on in the app to record audio while doing a music video and did not notice this until post production. anyone with any troubleshoot advice so this wont happen in the future would be greatly appreciated

In case you are not aware, this feature records the audio on your controller (phone / tablet). It does not record sounds from the drone location (threes no mic on the drone). Were you aware of this or were you expecting a recording of what the drone "hears"?

In case you are not aware, this feature records the audio on your controller (phone / tablet). It does not record sounds from the drone location (threes no mic on the drone). Were you aware of this or were you expecting a recording of what the drone "hears"?
Yes I am aware of this. I’ve tapped ‘record audio while cache ‘ and still nothing

Hm. I tested this when I first got my M2Z and it worked for me. However the audio is ONLY stored on the cached video. Once you download the MP4/MOV file from the drone, it is true that there is no audio on the MP4/MOV file. . If you want to add the audio, you would have to use some external tools (eg QuickTime on a Mac) to 1st extract the audio from the cached video then add it to the video from the drone.

Were you thinking the recorded audio would automatically get added to theMO4/MOV file? If so that does not happen.

Reactions: Thomas B
Hm. I tested this when I first got my M2Z and it worked for me. However the audio is ONLY stored on the cached video. Once you download the MP4/MOV file from the drone, it is true that there is no audio on the MP4/MOV file. . If you want to add the audio, you would have to use some external tools (eg QuickTime on a Mac) to 1st extract the audio from the cached video then add it to the video from the drone.

Were you thinking the recorded audio would automatically get added to theMO4/MOV file? If so that does not happen.
[/QUOTE
So what you’re saying is that the audio files only save to the drone and not the address card?
Also, I’d like to know how to automatically have the videos saved to the phone if I have no sad card? I greatly appreciate your help bro. I’m new to this

Interesting.
I too have not had audio.
But I was always looking for it on the MP4 file on the drone.
Guess it makes sense it is on the cached file, not on the drone file. I'll have to look there.
Thanks!

I figured it out. I was trying to record audio for music video syncing. You can download a screen recorder then sync it to the footage

To recap: the audio recording is put on the cache video recording on your phone. You know, the one that is 720/1080p?

So you need to extract the audio from cache video and add it to your high res recording, or timeline the two and disable video but not audio from the cache clip.

"Also, I’d like to know how to automatically have the videos saved to the phone if I have no sad card? I greatly appreciate your help bro. I’m new to this"

Since you have an M2, that has an internal 8GB storage. If you forget the SD, the app will prompt you if you want to use the internal storage. When you put the SD back, app will ask if you want to switch back to SD.
The only recording you'll get to your phone is cache recording at 720p or 1080p, and subject to connection interference. It can also be disabled so check your settings.

To extract anything off the internal storage, it's best to connect the AC to your PC with AC powered on. You may need to install Assistant so that your PC has the needed drivers.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joel_du05