DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need larger screen for MA 2

Rayray

Reactions
I'm using a Note 8 with my MA 2, but even with glasses there's just not enough display area for my eyes.

Anyone with a reasonably-priced larger screen device which works good for you kindly advise me. Please don't recommend something you don't actually have.
Thanks...

I'm using a Note 8 with my MA 2, but even with glasses there's just not enough display area for my eyes.

Anyone with a reasonably-priced larger screen device which works good for you kindly advise me. Please don't recommend something you don't actually have.
Thanks...

The Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 10.5" is a great tablet for flying. You can find them refurbished on Ebay for around $250 and it was recently upgraded to Android 10. You'd need a longer cable to connect the tablet to the RC and a tablet mount as well.

Reactions: Rayray
I also use a Galaxy Tab, a slightly older S3. Cord is a $2 USBC to USBC from Walmart. I use the Tablet holder I bought for my (now sold) mini. Base plate fits right where the phone would go. I also picked up a sun shade, mainly because of the summer heat.

I've used a couple different ipad minis, and apple products are ROCK solid.

I use an iPad 2019 10.2 inch 32gb version with cellular (for gps only, no service) I got from Best Buy on sale for $380. A bit heavy but works well. You will need a longer lightning cable and adapter to hold the larger screen.

Reactions: Rchawks

Thanks...
Put your phone in a cardboard VR style phone holder called "MovieMask" or "MagiMask" - and it will blow up your screen to theater size! Works really great, can highly recommend. It's a Norwegian startup, but warehouse is in Hongkong, so delivery time takes quite some time!

You don't need a longer cable with the 8.4" model, the stock cable fits perfectly.

Edit: You would need the longer cable with the PGYTech mount but not with a 3D printed one.

Attachments

• IMG_20200917_092129~2.jpg
    IMG_20200917_092129~2.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Thanks...

I find my iPad mini perfect with my MA2 and a MavMount.

The Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 10.5" is a great tablet for flying. You can find them refurbished on Ebay for around $250 and it was recently upgraded to Android 10. You'd need a longer cable to connect the tablet to the RC and a tablet mount as well.

Thanks. Now what's probably a dumb question: I'd like to keep using my Note S9 for phone. Does the Galaxy Tab S4 require a Sim card to work with the MA 2?

Put your phone in a cardboard VR style phone holder called "MovieMask" or "MagiMask" - and it will blow up your screen to theater size! Works really great, can highly recommend. It's a Norwegian startup, but warehouse is in Hongkong, so delivery time takes quite some time!
How are you connecting your phone?

Thanks...
Asus zenpad z8s.

Reactions: Tufargon

Thanks...

I've been using an iPad Air, 1st Generation with 9.7" screen and quite happy with it - need a longer cable of course - finally big enough I can see everything OK - old eyes you know - just have to be careful on Apple stuff to make sure it can handle IOS 11 or higher as DJI Fly, Kittyhawk and others require at least 11 - was only $130 used off of Ebay (Wi-Fi, 32GB)

I am using IPad Mini with the stock Lightnening to USB C cable. Stuck a thick piece of rubber to back of Ipad and use the stock clamp to hold in place. No need for an alternative mount holder.

Problem w/this device is you can’t easily look up to see your drone without removing the goggles.

I just checked these out...it seems if you only want to use it for monitoring a drone you wouldn't want MagiMask. Which one do you own?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian