DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need larger screen for MA 2

I got my Mavic Mini last December, and my Mavic Air 2 in August. My old phone, a Samsung Galaxy S5 wouldn't work with the Fly App, so I got a refurb Pixel 2xl on Amazon for $230 and it works perfectly! Except it's too small and hard to see in direct sun. So..., I've spent the last 6 months shopping, debating, reading, etc. looking for a tablet solution for my 72 year old eyes!
I had just about talked myself into a nice Samsung Tablet ($400), a heavy duty Lifthor mount ($100), then realized I'd still need a shade, longer cable, and since I live near an airport, I would have to figure out how to tether my phone to the tablet for cell service to be able to unlock the Mavics in restricted areas! Too much hassle!
I'm sticking to what I have now: a Donegan Optivisor (modified) for an excellent, lightweight shade and a pair of 2x reading glasses on top of my bi-focals! Sounds crazy, but it works and looks like a big screen TV. I can see every detail of the Hi-res Pixel screen! The visor flips up easily, is very comfortable and only took some cardboard and duct tape to make it work! Amazon sells the visor without lenses for about $33. It's very comfortable and lightweight.Visor-on-1.jpgVisor-on-2.jpgVisor-1.jpgVisor-2.jpgVisor-4.jpg. See attached photos.
If anybody's interested, I can provide more details, measurements, etc. But for me anyway, this is the perfect solution!

I compared some other options and yours seemed to be the best. I currently am using my phone Galaxy S7 and it normally works okay but sometimes the app crashes over and over.

In your experience with Huawei MediaPad T5, have you seen the DJI Fly app crash while in flight?

Also, please clarify if you're using this for the Mavic Air 2.

Thanks!

I compared some other options and yours seemed to be the best. I currently am using my phone Galaxy S7 and it normally works okay but sometimes the app crashes over and over.

In your experience with Huawei MediaPad T5, have you seen the DJI Fly app crash while in flight?

Also, please clarify if you're using this for the Mavic Air 2.

Thanks!
Hi, Yes, I am using it with Mavic Air 2.The crashing of the app in your phone is most probably becouse of too much installed apps. Many of them may works in background and you do not know which one what doing with the GPS chip, WiFi chip, Phone function and any others. I am using the tablet only for browsing and for Dji Fly and for the moment no crashes. Be cateful, if you order this model, the Lite version do not have compass chip and the orientation function will not works....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne