DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need Replies within a few hours!

twitchyzero

Reactions
leaving for a trip soon...first time travelling with mavic.

Quick questions, mostly regarding safety:

What's your safety precaution when auto-landing, just in case things go sideways fast? Hands on left stick ready to throttle up? finger on the pause button?

What's the quickest way out of other flight modes like cinematic/POI/etc? It's either touchscreen 2 taps or toggling sport mode on and off. If there's a faster one click, please let me know.

'reveal shot'. Didn't get to practice this much. The classic selfie flyaway shot revealing the location. On my old drone it was one tap and it did all the work. How much gimbal tilt should I set it at and how fast for horizontal/vertical speed should I try to aim for, assuming wide open space?

AFC is new with FW .400...set it and forget it and it will nail focus accurately? Or do I still need to be paranoid and remember to keep tapping center focus each time i change directions?

Once 'H' is shown on map, home point is recorded 100%? i've been making a habit and going into the setting to set 'RT home point'

Will post more questions as I think of them, tha'ts it for now TIA for the quick support!

Last edited:
I think you're overthinking a lot of these. The mavic is a super intelligent drone and I'm sure you'll be perfectly safe while flying.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

better safe than sorry for the auto-landing just to be ready?

Also, 2 taps/clicks to switch out of a flight mode is annoying. I guess flipping sport mode on and off isn't the end of the world. I welcome an easy way of doing it.

mind-meld.png

leaving for a trip soon...first time travelling with mavic.

Quick questions, mostly regarding safety:

What's your safety precaution when auto-landing, just in case things go sideways fast? Hands on left stick ready to throttle up? finger on the pause button?

What's the quickest way out of other flight modes like cinematic/POI/etc? It's either touchscreen 2 taps or toggling sport mode on and off. If there's a faster one click, please let me know.

'reveal shot'. Didn't get to practice this much. The classic selfie flyaway shot revealing the location. On my old drone it was one tap and it did all the work. How much gimbal tilt should I set it at and how fast for horizontal/vertical speed should I try to aim for, assuming wide open space?

AFC is new with FW .400...set it and forget it and it will nail focus accurately? Or do I still need to be paranoid and remember to keep tapping center focus each time i change directions?

Once 'H' is shown on map, home point is recorded 100%? i've been making a habit and going into the setting to set 'RT home point'

Will post more questions as I think of them, tha'ts it for now TIA for the quick support!
  1. When auto-landing, the pause is what you want to be ready to push, or flipping the sport mode switch. Both of those will cancel the landing.
  2. The quickest way I know of to quickly cancel and exit an IFM is to toggle the Sport mode switch, which as great failsafe even when your phone disconnects from the RC.
  3. No idea. I go by feeling and do these shots manually.
  4. I've had no focus issues except at night where I switch to MF.
  5. The home point shouldn't change unless you tell it to. Make sure you confirm your flight settings with the new firmware.

Reactions: twitchyzero
As you are traveling, and unless you are driving, it might be wise to revisit, or visit for the first time the user manual. Lots of info there that can answer your questions.

Reactions: twitchyzero
so steps to amend auto-landing that is going haywire

1. tap X on the screen, if that doesn't stop it
2. try pause, if that doesn't stop it
3. try sport mode, if that doesn't stop it
4. manual stick inputs in sport mode

I'll try to remember that sequence in a split second decision-making moment haha

yeap just reviewed the manual but

doesn't discuss how to get a nice 'reveal' shot
AFC/cinematic mode is not covered in user manual (recent updates)

Last edited:
so steps to amend auto-landing that is going haywire

1. tap X on the screen, if that doesn't stop it
2. try pause, if that doesn't stop it
3. try sport mode, if that doesn't stop it
4. manual stick inputs in sport mode

I'll try to remember that sequence in a split second decision-making moment haha

yeap just reviewed the manual but

doesn't discuss how to get a nice 'reveal' shot
AFC/cinematic mode is not covered in user manual (recent updates)
sport mode cancels everything. If it doesn't stop after switching on sport mode, then your drone is malfunctioning.

yes I was implying if sport mode trigger was supposed to fail...Mavic doesn't responds to stick inputs regardless in auto-land?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54