DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need some advice

shaneb50

Reactions
Greetings everyone [emoji106][emoji846]. I just recently bought a mini 2 drone and I have got everything all setup and all updates on the drone and batteries [emoji367], but I noticed when I’m flying the drone will tend to drift off to the right some when going forward. I did a recalibration and even a imu as well.
I had to carefully make sure I was pushing the remote stick forward. Any advice on what could be wrong. Thank you so much and God bless

Greetings everyone [emoji106][emoji846]. I just recently bought a mini 2 drone and I have got everything all setup and all updates on the drone and batteries [emoji367], but I noticed when I’m flying the drone will tend to drift off to the right some when going forward. I did a recalibration and even a imu as well.
I had to carefully make sure I was pushing the remote stick forward. Any advice on what could be wrong. Thank you so much and God bless
I had a similar problem but after recalibrating the sticks all ok

Reactions: shaneb50
CHECK THE PROPS FOR DEFECTS. Replace imperfect props. TIGHTEN THEM IF THEY ARE PERFECT! Make sure all the props have the same amount of "wiggle room" which should be minimal. Make sure that the leading edges and tips don't have any deformities or bumps or burrs.

I had sent my Mini 2 in for repair and had *just* replaced all the props and hadn't even flown them. The shop told me I needed a new set of props (why, I do not know as the ones on there were pristine and never used). When I got the drone back I as perplexed as to why it was drifting, a lot like the OP describes. I knew to check the play on the props, tightened them all and the issue went away.

Reactions: shaneb50
I spent a lot of time outside trying to find out what was going on.?
I am having to do a recalibration often to keep from toilet bowling effect at times.
I went through recentering the gimbal and all of the rc calibration,Etc.
mostly it’s doing good especially on flight time, I’m getting around 28 minutes and great distance with out any problems.
But to answer a question, it only will drift to the right sometimes.
not sure if I should just send it back in for another one or just wait to see if a update might work it out right?
Thank you all so much and hopefully soon I can go back to flying my drone again. Blessings everyone ?

CHECK THE PROPS FOR DEFECTS. Replace imperfect props. TIGHTEN THEM IF THEY ARE PERFECT! Make sure all the props have the same amount of "wiggle room" which should be minimal. Make sure that the leading edges and tips don't have any deformities or bumps or burrs.

I had sent my Mini 2 in for repair and had *just* replaced all the props and hadn't even flown them. The shop told me I needed a new set of props (why, I do not know as the ones on there were pristine and never used). When I got the drone back I as perplexed as to why it was drifting, a lot like the OP describes. I knew to check the play on the props, tightened them all and the issue went away.

Thank you, I will do that to see if that solves the problem

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada