DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need the dji Mini 2 on the smart controller

I am looking forward to that as well.

I contacted DJI on their forum a while ago and they said they are looking at it.

I guess the more people that ask/complain the better.

Yeah, i'm still holding out hope for this considering the Mini 2 uses the same controller as the Air 2.

Whenever this topic comes up someone will point out that a Smart Controller costs more than the Mini 2, and then some will respond that people who already have higher end drones (and the SC) would like to be able to use the Mini with the same controller.

And that's true, but also, the controller that you interface with on the ground is a key part of the experience. If the extra cost of an SC is justifiable for a single drone then, well, it offers the same benefits for any one of them. And while Minis lack features like extra sensors and mission uploading, they are nonetheless very capable for flying off and recording something.

I want to fly with a setup that minimizes distractions and gives me the best chance of seeing what I'm doing, especially from a safety standpoint as these lightweight drones are seen as a better choice near people and are subject to more relaxed rules where I'm from.

Last edited:
I wish DJI would hurry and get on this! It's a shame they don't prioritize compatibility with their own systems

I wonder when the Mini 2 will be included on the SC it would be greatly appreciated and should not be too difficult as it already runs with dji fly app so it’s down to SC firmware from dji.
We can only hope
I am hoping to travel to the UK and my Mavic 2 Pro is limited due to the weight... So I grabbed a Mini 2. I really hope DJI will add it to the Smart Controller as that will make both easier to fly on vacation. Come on DJI! What's the holdup? Make possible happen!!!

When you update the Firmware just make sure you do the Mini 2 first before you try to connect the controller otherwise it will not link.

When you boot up the controller you add the Mini in the settings screen on the controller.

On boot up when the first screen comes up hit the sqares in at the bottom right of the screen. Go to Settings , Aircraft Management ,and add from there.

The link proceedure on the Mini is to hold the power button down for at least 4 seconds till it beeps and all 4 lights flash.

When it is pared you are then given the option to bind the aircraft and the controller for the DJI fly away insurance.

Then just go Fly…

Excellent. I was waiting for this. I hate having to carry two controllers for my MIni 2 and Air 2S.
Ordered one now.

Reactions: chuck1026
YES YES YES YES YES!!!! My Mini 2 arrived last night so this is almost perfect! Now just add D cinelike and HOME RUN.

I have done the SC update and it solved the problem of a black screen when switching from video to photo mode on the Air 2S. I expect other things have been fixed as well, so it's not only an update for the Mini 2.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead