DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Neo

Max Headroom

Reactions
I saw this question asked on a Facebook page earlier do you agree?

I have a feeling he could be right and not just about influencers, a small cheap drone that you can fit in your pocket is ging to be attractive to these types of people they are unlikely to bother reading the rules and i think it will become an issue as they become a nuisance.

Josh Willcock
I really fear these devices in the hands of wannabe influencers will be the trigger to the government looking at more legislation

Last edited:
People say that every new drone launch. Legislation's here already, What would you add more?
It isn't about what we would add as I believe most would scale back current legislation if they could. It's about what the government will add at the request of uninformed and misinformed people including politicians because of the increasing number acts by idiots. It's not too hard to see strict and possibly expensive licensing, enhanced and enlarged no-fly zones, state and local rules and enforcement, and a myriad of other esoteric rules and regulations.

Reactions: mavic3usa
More restrictive legislation. More enforcement rather than almost none today. More attention from local non-FAA types. Yeah, it's coming, NEO or no NEO.
IS it though ?! Once they have RID pilots are identifiable and findable, even by the public - what else could they want, and what more could they impose on us ?

I'm not worried about the Neo leading to tighter regs. It is ludicrously light and I struggle to think of any way it could meaningfully inflict anything more than annoyance on the general public. Not that annoying them is a good thing either, but it can't damage anything or anyone.

And let's face it - the laws surrounding drones seem suspiciously unrelated to actual safety or evidence of risk, so there is already nothing stopping them imposing any rule they want for any reason, which they don't even have to provide (see DJI ban etc) ! So no, I don't think the Neo specifically is making anything worse in the rules regard.

IS it though ?! Once they have RID pilots are identifiable and findable, even by the public - what else could they want, and what more could they impose on us ?

I'm not worried about the Neo leading to tighter regs. It is ludicrously light and I struggle to think of any way it could meaningfully inflict anything more than annoyance on the general public. Not that annoying them is a good thing either, but it can't damage anything or anyone.

And let's face it - the laws surrounding drones seem suspiciously unrelated to actual safety or evidence of risk, so there is already nothing stopping them imposing any rule they want for any reason, which they don't even have to provide (see DJI ban etc) ! So no, I don't think the Neo specifically is making anything worse in the rules regard.
Here's some discussion with some interesting points in the UK:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigTonka