DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Never Before Seen Alert on screen

akdrone

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I flew my Avata today. It was a chilly -40F and the battery needed to be calibrated for distance according to an alert so I flew it till the battery was under 10% as required and it force landed. No problem. I put in a fresh battery (room temp) and tried to take off and got a message "IMU warming up" and it would not let me start the motors. Well well...I guess THAT is some kind of hard limit for temperature!

• Wow
Reactions: @Rip and Romi
I get those alerts frequently when flying my old Phantom 3 Standard. The way I get around it is by calibrating the IMU at a cold temperature then the IMU only has to warm up to the calibrated temp. Since the drone usually isn't sitting out long enough to get as cold as the outside temperature, I am able to take-off most times but there have been the odd time on really cold days that if I don't get set-up fast enough and the temperature of the drone/IMU has dropped too low, I will get that message. With my Mavic 3 and Mini 3 Pro I have never had this problem probably because those drones are rated to fly down to at least -10ºC.

However, I have never flown any of my drones including the P3S at -40ºF (-40ºC) as we don't get temperatures like that here especially not now.

Chris

I get those alerts frequently when flying my old Phantom 3 Standard. The way I get around it is by calibrating the IMU at a cold temperature then the IMU only has to warm up to the calibrated temp. Since the drone usually isn't sitting out long enough to get as cold as the outside temperature, I am able to take-off most times but there have been the odd time on really cold days that if I don't get set-up fast enough and the temperature of the drone/IMU has dropped too low, I will get that message. With my Mavic 3 and Mini 3 Pro I have never had this problem probably because those drones are rated to fly down to at least -10ºC.

However, I have never flown any of my drones including the P3S at -40ºF (-40ºC) as we don't get temperatures like that here especially not now.

Chris
thanks for that info. appreciated

Reactions: Chrislaf
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne