DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Never mind birds look out for Big Bugs

You are in Canada, correct? Did some of the Dragonfly like things from Stargate escape?????????????????? (Season 2 Ep.10)

Brilliant shots.

Reactions: Gagey52
Yes definitely in Canada. It was the first day after a couple weeks of yukky smoke and even the bugs were glad to be able to fly again.
Can not really take credit for the shots as they are actually a video I took and then saved a frame - but you probably know that anyway.
Thanks for the comment PhiliusFoggg

Reactions: lilewis
I'm in the West Australian Wheatbelt, closest neighbours are probably....2km away. Stuff doesn't tend to make it IN to the house very often, every now and then a wolf Spider covered in babies will creep under the door at night, and if you try and pick it up the 500 widdle spiders scatter to all corners 192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1 of the house. Cue vacuum cleaner

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: MA2 317
There have been a lot of dragonflies around my place this year. They seem to be braver as well. I was cutting grass, stopped by my willow tree, and there was a dragonfly on a branch 8-10 inches away looking at me, it even let me get close before flying off. A day later, another was on my vertical radio antenna waiting to be repaired, and another one was looking at me. I touched this one before it flew off. Weird.

I'm in the West Australian Wheatbelt, closest neighbours are probably....2km away. Stuff doesn't tend to make it IN to the house very often, every now and then a wolf Spider covered in babies will creep under the door at night, and if you try and pick it up the 500 widdle spiders scatter to all corners of the house. Cue vacuum cleaner
Yikes Wolf Spiders are creepy ... Dragon Flys could be useful as per Dronerdaves post above:)

There have been a lot of dragonflies around my place this year. They seem to be braver as well. I was cutting grass, stopped by my willow tree, and there was a dragonfly on a branch 8-10 inches away looking at me, it even let me get close before flying off. A day later, another was on my vertical radio antenna waiting to be repaired, and another one was looking at me. I touched this one before it flew off. Weird.
Yes there does seem to be more Dragon Flys around this summer.
I was taking a video of a mountain lake at approx. 100meters (300 feet) and a dragon fly photo bombed the clip - did not wreck the clip just made it more interesting.;)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven