DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Never too old

AnzacJack

Australian Defence Veteran
Reactions
88B6E8B2-5285-4EE1-B2B8-05DD62C79DC2.jpeg D5B48615-9CE9-467A-998B-5F7A0C6FD215.jpeg last week I had local primary school students, today, the local retirement home. They got to see how “unsuitable” our platforms are for spying and got to have a bit of play. Good fun had by all.

This is a good thing maybe more of us responsible drone owners should get out and show the public our drones and what and what not their capable of.:)

View attachment 46832 View attachment 46833 last week I had local primary school students, today, the local retirement home. They got to see how “unsuitable” our platforms are for spying and got to have a bit of play. Good fun had by all.
Great to see older generations getting informed and having fun with technology. Eye/hand coordination and expanding the brain cells, might be a good business venture too! Well done!

View attachment 46832 View attachment 46833 last week I had local primary school students, today, the local retirement home. They got to see how “unsuitable” our platforms are for spying and got to have a bit of play. Good fun had by all.
How cool is that! In my experience, people can be stunned by the abilities of our drones, and mostly like it.
However, last weekend I was flying at the local waterfront, where independently of eachother, two onlookers approached me. Though they were both friendly and inquisitive, their main remark was (from both): "Must be expensive!"... I never know how to deal with that remark. (It is very un-Dutch to tell how much expensive toys cost, as it is considered poor taste)

Good job! We should all try to educate the public as often as we can.

Reactions: Former Member
thanks for encouraging words
this is an easy venture really for those inclined to invest some time for the sake of good P.R.
most retirement homes will have some form of activities organiser. hit this person up and go from there.
I started by giving a talk at one of the residents morning tea's. I spoke about drones and what good they are doing. Showed some demo video and had a couple of drones on hand to let them have a look.
Followed this up by inviting them to come out one afternoon for some "hands-on" action. They had a great afternoon and want to do it again. I think ill find some great location for some nice photography next time.

Bushie, can you elaborate on casa’s 30m rule? The only casa that I know is a court appointed special advocate.

Not criticizeing you but how did you deal with CASAs 30m rule?
The craft are 30m away on the field. However, those that are involved in the flight are permitted in that zone.
Where I fly from is an elevated area with AstroTurf and the drones are down on a sports field

1A726A89-7360-4CE2-8518-D39E1C93176C.jpeg

That's quite the setup you have there mate. Ex Brissy myself staying in Thailand :)
Thanks mate. I had the whole fleet out yesterday. The ground station in the foreground is the mavic tactical setup.

Thailand, nice part of the world

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Weepo67