DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Air 2S gimbal suddenly tilted down, and more...

charlie.h1998

Reactions
Hey folks,

I just had my first flight yesterday and the 2nd flight today. Today was definitely too scary for me to handle.
I noticed twice or three times that the camera/gimbal suddenly tilted down during the flight, like it suddenly lost the force to point forward. I immediately called return home after the third time.
And the most scary thing was, I saw it did a forceful jerk/tumble when it was retuning home (automatically). I almost lost my mind, it was 50 m (165 ft) high in the air!!!

Anybody knows what could went wrong? The only thing I can recall was that I forgot to remove the gimbal protector before turned on the drone. It warned me that the gimbal was stuck/overpowered. So I turned off the power, removed the protector, turned on the power, checked no more warnings and then proceeded to fly.

Thanks for any advice!

Last edited:
Hey folks,

I just had my first flight yesterday and the 2nd flight today. Today was definitely too scary for me to handle.
I noticed twice or three times that the camera/gimbal suddenly tilted down during the flight, like it suddenly lost the force to point forward. I immediately called return home after the third time.
And the most scary thing was, I saw it did a forceful jerk/tumble when it was retuning home (automatically). I almost lost my mind, it was 50 m (165 ft) high in the air!!!

Anybody knows what could went wrong? The only thing I can recall was that I forgot to remove the gimbal protector before turned on the drone. It warned me that the gimbal was stuck/overpowered. So I turned off the power, removed the protector, turned on the power, checked no more warnings and then proceeded to fly.

Thanks for any advice!

Will need to post flight logs for the "guru's" here to read what they say. There are many posts on the forum on what logs are needed and how to do all that - just search for it.

As for the gimbal, are you sure you weren't moving it by rolling the gimbal wheel on the RC? Many times our fingers do things our brain doesn't seem to be registering. You'd be surprised ay how many things happen like that once the logs are read.

Reactions: charlie.h1998
Will need to post flight logs for the "guru's" here to read what they say. There are many posts on the forum on what logs are needed and how to do all that - just search for it.

As for the gimbal, are you sure you weren't moving it by rolling the gimbal wheel on the RC? Many times our fingers do things our brain doesn't seem to be registering. You'd be surprised ay how many things happen like that once the logs are read.
By looking at my log files I'm seeing some weird medium risk shocks. See pic below.

1636835209542.png
I also notice some abnormally high compass turn rate, which associate to row e and f above.
1636835280948.png
I will post my log here. Can somebody help me?

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2021-11-11_[16-13-44].txt
    3.3 MB · Views: 2
I remember a MA2 review video where he talked about the gimbal tilting down suddenly. Maybe it's a problem with the S too.

Any chance a bird attacked you?

My air 2s has a feature, where I can set a double tap of my function button to instantly aim the gimble all the way down. And another double tap of the function button will instantly aim the gimble horizontal again. The function button can be programmed for several different options. It's adjustable in the app settings.

Intentionally double tap your function. Does your gimble instantly respond? And then back up again?

If you didn't know the function can be programmed to do this, accidentally bumping it twice might surprise you with the results you were not looking for.

But this would not explain a sudden tumble.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura