DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Air 2s Owner With a Few Questions

ND filters are used to keep your shutter speed below 1/60th when shooting 30fps (normal) video. Without the motion blur, the motion in the video won’t look natural. It’s a pain, but you should remove the ND for the sharpest stills, which require a high shutter speed.

Reactions: Dan AISCF and pommy
Good morning!

I purchased an Air 2S fly more combo a couple of weeks ago and have very much enjoyed it so far. I'm not sure I'll become quite the pros that some of you are, but I am very interested in becoming more competent with both flying and some of the post production happenings.

Below are a few questions that I've compiled. Some I MAY have answers for but I'm not too confident! I've done some searching throughout the forum but I apologize in advance for not finding the answers that I'm guessing are already on here. For what it's worth - I'm an Android guy!
  • How soon after flying is it safe to start charging the battery? When it cools down completely?
  • Recording sound to stitch with the video footage: Is XRecorder the best option? Are there any standalone sound recorders that you might recommend that will provide higher quality sound?
  • Does the controller work via line of sight with the drone? I seem to get choppy footage back to my phone even if I fly low on the other side of the house.
  • Is there a tablet that you would recommend? I would have no problem switching to an iPad since it seems like DJI is more into bed with them rather than my beloved Android!
  • Anybody taking their time to respond to this - it would be great to hear one "ah ha!" moment that you came across when you first started. I have some chronic unease with the whole process which I assume would be solved with information I probably don't even know to ask about!
  • I have Photoshop Elements 15 that I've used for pictures. What do you guys/gals recommend one use for their first go at editing video? (Windows)
  • I have the filters that were supplied with the fly more combo. Anything else you recommend I purchase?
Appreciate your time - this seems like an awesome community you all have created!

Steve
I have some landing gear, lights for night flying, and master airscrew props and my get the rain gear to fly when it snows/rains

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929