DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Air 2s

Loonie01

Reactions
Broke down and grabbed an Air 2s today. It's was way smaller than what I imagined. I'm use to my P4 Advanced I guess. Hopefully I can get out soon and compare photo qualities. Took the Air 2s out for a test flight and this little bugger is fast. A couple of things I did notice though. While taking video and turning, the gumball looked like it wanted to be in FPV mode. Also, while taking a hyperlapse video, I got a brief motor error. It came and went. Any ideas?

A guy I fly with has the Air2S and I have a Mini2...which does fine for me...but the superior gracefulness and video quality of his is really noticeable ....when we are shooting over the bay,, he can go after really fast boats, catch up and it is a lot easier to see than my Mini2....I hope you get the problems figured out and get to really enjoy all of its features....good luck

Broke down and grabbed an Air 2s today. It's was way smaller than what I imagined. I'm use to my P4 Advanced I guess. Hopefully I can get out soon and compare photo qualities. Took the Air 2s out for a test flight and this little bugger is fast. A couple of things I did notice though. While taking video and turning, the gumball looked like it wanted to be in FPV mode. Also, while taking a hyperlapse video, I got a brief motor error. It came and went. Any ideas?
There is a place in the settings where you can choose if you want the gimbal to be in FPV mode or normal follow me mode. I really like my A2s.

There is a place in the settings where you can choose if you want the gimbal to be in FPV mode or normal follow me mode. I really like my A2s.
Yup, I found out about it after I watched a few YouTube videos. It's kinda slick that DJI implemented that in this drone. Thanks.

Reactions: MARK (LI)
I just got my new Air 2S earlier this week, but, as fortune would have it, I had a bad cold so all I could do was set it up which went fine. I did a test flight yesterday just checking all the movements and it worked fine. You're right about it being fast, especially in an ascent or descent. It will require a finer movement of my fingers on the sticks when I want that which is a challenge for my 76 year old fingers.

I just got my new Air 2S earlier this week, but, as fortune would have it, I had a bad cold so all I could do was set it up which went fine. I did a test flight yesterday just checking all the movements and it worked fine. You're right about it being fast, especially in an ascent or descent. It will require a finer movement of my fingers on the sticks when I want that which is a challenge for my 76 year old fingers.
Cine or old tripod mode slows things down for us senior kind of folks. Sometime not enough, but far slower than Sport. Many suggest a longer stick or some have posted about a little cover that goes over the stick (ball part) that makes stick movement much slower.

After flying my Air2, have learned to just rest my thumb against the base of the stick for slower movements. Also there are settings in the FlyApp for YAW speed under all 3 modes you can change to speed up or slow down those movements. Won't fix flying fast though, esp in Sport.

Welcome to the Air2 series. I think you are going to love it's nimbleness in the air.

Reactions: Loonie01
Had a few test flights on my S2 and so far love it. And yes it sure is fast. Even in the tripod mode. Have not ventured to the sport mode yet. Waiting to get to a bigger open area to try it. It does do very well in wind as the wind was 15 to 25 this morning and gusty. Looked back flying but the video was smooth.

Had a few test flights on my S2 and so far love it. And yes it sure is fast. Even in the tripod mode. Have not ventured to the sport mode yet. Waiting to get to a bigger open area to try it. It does do very well in wind as the wind was 15 to 25 this morning and gusty. Looked back flying but the video was smooth.
I was also surprised how the S2 handled the wind gusts on my first flight. It's was about 25-30 mph gusts that day. Checked out the different modes and it's way easier than my Phantom 4 Advanced.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143