DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Authorization Zone East Bay Wildfire response

ARCapslock

Reactions
Looks like DJI has created some new authorization zones covering large parts of Alameda and Santa Clara with the fires ongoing.

Says they'll be active for approx two months.

These are the "blue" zones that just require on unlock through the app. I don't see any red zones near the fires at this time.

Looks like DJI has created some new authorization zones covering large parts of Alameda and Santa Clara with the fires ongoing.

Says they'll be active for approx two months.

These are the "blue" zones that just require on unlock through the app. I don't see any red zones near the fires at this time.
Nevertheless, you are not allowed to fly with any aircraft without permission in a TFR.

IMG_0204.PNG

Reactions: ARCapslock
I just saw this too. The problem is that the DJI Fly Safe authorization zones *do not match* the actual TFR according to the NOTAMs and what I see on Airmap. (In general the Fly Safe map cannot be trusted either way)

For example, here is one actual TFR, FDC 0/5083:

Its shape can be seen on Airmap and matches that on the FAA website/TFR:

However on DJI Fly Safe the same TFR instead shows up as a huge circular area covering much more than the actual TFR:

Now obviously you should not be flying anywhere near a fire or TFR, but unfortunate that DJI's Fly Safe doesn't match with reality.

Reactions: pelagic_one
PLEASE understand that the DJI Flight Restrictions are NOT the legal authorization for flying. By "Self Unlocking" those zones you are stating you have the REQUIRED authorizations to fly in the area and those can ONLY be given by the FAA or the Requesting Agency for the TFR.

Self Unlocking in a TFR is a Federal issue if you don't have AUTHORIZATION!!

This is really annoying. I’m outside of the red zone of the TFR, kind of by Patterson on those maps. So officially out of the TFR (not even close to it). But I have a big blue circle over me? I actually flew once, landed and swapped batteries then was unable to fly again.

I emailed fly safe as I didn’t want to agree to their terms for unlock. They want me to go to the website for a custom unlock, but their link won’t open on a mobile device.

DJI is so concerned with where I can fly for safety, yet block out areas that are not covered in a TFR, yet their system would allow me to unlock in a red TFR and they don’t even indicate the red TFR zone on their map?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54