DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New batteries but made in 06/2019

DJI DelBoy

Reactions
Hi guys, what’s your understanding of Mavic 2 batteries that are new but a year old? Any cause for concern? They’re brand new and have never been charged.
A friend bought them for me as a favour and was told by the retailer that it’s the most recent stock they have - I’m currently in Mauritius.

I would not expect them to be made to order, so that would be reasonable.
If you have concerns, keep all your proof-of-purchase doc's as if you have a faulty battery, it will be covered under warranty.

I would not expect them to be made to order, so that would be reasonable.
If you have concerns, keep all your proof-of-purchase doc's as if you have a faulty battery, it will be covered under warranty.
My concern is if something happens to the battery during a flight that could lead to a loss of the drone. The batteries would be covered but definitely not the drone.

Given how badly the initial batches swelled on even low cycle use id be very wary about buying older batteries a year after manufacture.

Hi guys, what’s your understanding of Mavic 2 batteries that are new but a year old? Any cause for concern? They’re brand new and have never been charged.
A friend bought them for me as a favour and was told by the retailer that it’s the most recent stock they have - I’m currently in Mauritius.
If you can return them i would I had batteries from that time frame and all four of them lost capacity very quickly. In the end DJ I replaced all four of them.
If you’re going to keep them you should get air data at the level where they track your battery curves. Submitting those graphs to DJ I did the trick as far as getting new batteries.

Reactions: DJI DelBoy
If you can return them i would I had batteries from that time frame and all four of them lost capacity very quickly. In the end DJ I replaced all four of them.
If you’re going to keep them you should get air data at the level where they track your battery curves. Submitting those graphs to DJ I did the trick as far as getting new batteries.
I’m over on the island of Mauritius in the Indian Ocean where flights are restricted so a friend helped my out by buying the 3 that I need from a local retailer - who confirmed that their most recent stock is from June 2019. As luck would have it one of the 3 batteries was dead out of the box - red light on the charger.

I’m working on an important project and don’t have any other way to get spare batteries. The Covid 19 has already caused a delay and as much as I would like to return them I don’t have any other alternatives after 2 of my existing batteries started swelling.

I’m over on the island of Mauritius in the Indian Ocean where flights are restricted so a friend helped my out by buying the 3 that I need from a local retailer - who confirmed that their most recent stock is from June 2019. As luck would have it one of the 3 batteries was dead out of the box - red light on the charger.

I’m working on an important project and don’t have any other way to get spare batteries. The Covid 19 has already caused a delay and as much as I would like to return them I don’t have any other alternatives after 2 of my existing batteries started swelling.
If you PM your address to me I’ll send you some.
I can run across the street to Best Buy grab them. Look on the Best Buy website to see the cost I’ll pay the shipping
Because there’s a good chance those aren’t gonna last long

Reactions: Ex Coelis
The dates to look out for are Aug-Sept 2018. DJI replaced three batteries that swelled from those dates for me. They only ha 40-50 charges on them. Was a bad batch.

Reactions: DJI DelBoy
The dates to look out for are Aug-Sept 2018. DJI replaced three batteries that swelled from those dates for me. They only ha 40-50 charges on them. Was a bad batch.
Is this officially confirmed ? I have two batteries since then , when I bought it

Is this officially confirmed ? I have two batteries since then , when I bought it
When you say officially confirmed what exactly do you mean?
If you mean does DJI publicly Acknowledge this?
Probably not

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661