DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Batteries

CamM

Reactions
I have a M2P. It does everything I want it to do, including Litchi - which I use a lot. I am very happy with the M2P and
I have no current plans to upgrade to the M3.
I decided to buy a few extra batteries, while they’re still available.
I currently have good batteries (I also have four useless swollen batteries!)
The recently purchased new batteries are just for use later on down the road.

My question is:
For long term storage (perhaps a year, or so), am I better off leaving them (the brand new ones) in the state in which they arrived from DJI?…or should I charge them to 70%, and maintain them in that state until needed?

Last edited:
Reactions: sonof40 and Gagey52
Interesting question, I’m in the same boat, looking forward to a response from the forum.
Regards

I would keep them as they come from DJI, in hibernation mode. Because there is no easy way to put them back to hibernation mode, and in this mode, they discharge a little more slowly than normal because the board that controls the battery is in "sleep mode" until you plug the battery into a charger.

I would suggest leaving them as they come from DJI, but if you want to regularly check the state of the battery, then you can charge it to 60% and then check every few months.
I don't know why but I would really prefer if DJI would put a screen into the batteries, just like some power bank manufacturers do; it would be so much easier because I don't like the fact that you need to plug them into the drone to check the exact battery percentage.

Reactions: Gagey52
Keep them as they arrived ... ie. in hibernation, they should there be on storage voltage with the BMS chip deactivated. Then when the battery warranty is soon to expire (12 month nowadays I believe) you wake them up to check so they wasn't DOA ... if that's the case you can claim warranty replacement. After woken them up you set them between 40-60% for storage & charge cycle them each third month.

Keep them as they arrived ... ie. in hibernation, they should there be on storage voltage with the BMS chip deactivated. Then when the battery warranty is soon to expire (12 month nowadays I believe) you wake them up to check so they wasn't DOA ... if that's the case you can claim warranty replacement. After woken them up you set them between 40-60% for storage & charge cycle them each third month.
Interesting. Is there a way to switch them to factory hibernation mode through software??, without having to control the charge level regularly. Here in Europe it is already difficult to find new batteries for the M2P at a reasonable price: 110 - 130 €... mission almost impossible... And yes... you can use the Enterprise batteries... without any problem... just its price .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Esccueje