DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New battery conditioning

I charge and discharge my lipos at 1C for several cycles before I fly them, but it's harder with DJI batteries. Just don't do any hard flying for the first few flights, and they should be fine.

I use the HALF/10 method. For the first ten flights you run it down to half the batteries capacity. Then use as normal.
Also, to anyone new to these power cells and are unfamiliar with LiPo batteries please research them, they are not like your average household alkaline's.
They require special handling, treat them with respect.

Reactions: F6Rider
I use the HALF/10 method. For the first ten flights you run it down to half the batteries capacity for the first ten flights. Then use as normal.
Also, to anyone new to these power cells and are unfamiliar with LiPo batteries please research them, they are not like your average household alkaline's.
Same here, for the 1st 10 flights on each battery I bring it home at 50%, not sure if it helped but I have never had a battery issue.

I use the HALF/10 method. For the first ten flights you run it down to half the batteries capacity. Then use as normal.

Should they be charged in a fireproof pouch like other LiPos?

Last edited:

This is exactly the method I use. Worked fine for P3 and P4.

DJI batteries have never had any kind of break-in period. I've seen a few people compare Phantom batteries that have been broken in (using the HALF/10 method) against batteries that were not broken in and there were no significant differences between the batteries after using them for some time.

So, should you break them in? Do it if it'll help you sleep better at night. I think it's most likely a waste of time though.

DJI batteries have never had any kind of break-in period. I've seen a few people compare Phantom batteries that have been broken in (using the HALF/10 method) against batteries that were not broken in and there were no significant differences between the batteries after using them for some time.

So, should you break them in? Do it if it'll help you sleep better at night. I think it's most likely a waste of time though.
Says the guy who sells batteries. :D

Good one ;)

Really though -- I would never recommend anyone do something that could harm their batteries. I just don't like recommending things that have not been proven to work.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54