DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New battery, no charge. Home repair possible

hockeypop98

Reactions
I bought a mavic air battery at a local auction, new in box, for a mere $10, figuring if it doesn't work, no big loss. Well, it doesn't. But the case is not bulged, there are absolutely no scuffs or scratches, so I'm sure the problem is likely a cold solder joint.

The tinkerer in me wants to pop it open to see if I'm right. Has anyone had experience exploring "under the hood" of the battery? I'd be interested if they can be repaired and resealed but if it's not possible to make it usable again, I'll not waste time on top of the $10.

Have u activated the battery? If it has never been used then that may be the issue

My thoughts - $10 vs $1k drone.... not worth the risk,

frats,
Rosco
I came to the same conclusion. I actually scored the drone at the same location a few months ago for about $250 (I've been really lucky there), but I am totally hooked on its performance, so I would have to spend the money on a new one if I ever crash it. Besides, I just bought 2 new batteries from DJI a couple of weeks ago. Having 4 is kind of greedy, no need to press my luck.

Thanks for the sage advice, friend!

Just the way I looked at it. I have three batteries - and they are not enough when I have a serious session. The recharge time is way longer than I would have expected - but I believe this is due to "balance" charging, which protects receptive cells from being overcharged when in unison with a cell which is lower in charge. When I bought my combo deal ($1600 AUD) - one of the batteries was dead. The indication was a red light on the charger. My retailer arranged for it to be replaced. I am keen to learn if your new battery purchase is in hybernation mode. Hopefully, you can unlock it and it will be receptive to charge. You certainly had a win with the purchase of your Mavic Air... four batteries will not go unwanted. frats, Rosco

Reactions: JSKCKNIT
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead