Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New computer issue

DCinga

Reactions
Hello all,

Having trouble viewing my Mini 3 Pro videos on a new computer with Windows 11

Error code: 0xc1010103

Found some info suggesting I am missing a codec...? I upgraded my 8 year old computer just for this hobby and was deflating last night when even the new computer gave me problems, ugh.

The aggravation will be worth it...I'm a new drone pilot and flying is such a rewarding experience. The technology utilized to fly these aircraft amazes me continuously while I'm in the air.

Thanks for any tips or guidance you can provide,
DC

Hello all,

Having trouble viewing my Mini 3 Pro videos on a new computer with Windows 11

Error code: 0xc1010103

Found some info suggesting I am missing a codec...? I upgraded my 8 year old computer just for this hobby and was deflating last night when even the new computer gave me problems, ugh.

The aggravation will be worth it...I'm a new drone pilot and flying is such a rewarding experience. The technology utilized to fly these aircraft amazes me continuously while I'm in the air.

Thanks for any tips or guidance you can provide,
DC
Hi,

Try downloading and running VLC Player. It is free and a great media player too.

Found some info suggesting I am missing a codec...? I upgraded my 8 year old computer just for this hobby and was deflating last night when even the new computer gave me problems,
You shouldn't need a new codec ... just a different program to view videos.
As mentioned try downloading VLC and try that rather than the default player in Windows.

I don't know why the default Windows 10/11 media player has such poor compatibility, it does still have the old one though so if you go to a video file, right click it and choose properties then click Change beside Opens with you can choose Windows Media Player (looks like an orange play button on a pile of blue CD cases). This is likely the media player you were using with the older version of Windows and has better compatibility than the newer version.

Or just stick something like VLC on which can play pretty much anything.

Windows was wanting me to buy an HVEC package for 99 cents.

I'll try the VLC player this evening.

Thanks everyone,
DC

Windows was wanting me to buy an HVEC package for 99 cents.

I'll try the VLC player this evening.

Thanks everyone,
DC
That is because Windows doesn't support H.265 (HVEC) out of the box. If you install one of the before mentioned apps you will be good to go......

Even if you do have the right codec/player, a lot of new computers still struggle with 4K video files (especially if you're reading from an external drive like an SD card), so just modulate your expectations.

You might try downloading the free version of Black Magic Design Resolve. It not only is a terrific editing tool but seems to be compatible with an enormous variety of video formats.

Reactions: Grandpa
You might try downloading the free version of Black Magic Design Resolve. It not only is a terrific editing tool but seems to be compatible with an enormous variety of video formats.
But not mpg, strangely. I have some old, old video files that I need to transcode when I want to re-edit them.
Strange...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929