DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Controller pro/cons

Bazzam

Reactions
A major concern I have about the controller is the lack of any telemetry from the aircraft - distance/height/signal strength etc.
With the well documented problems with app - prone to app crashes/lag/freeze.
I see this as a major flaw in the new setup - it hasn't been addressed on any youtube reviews etc... would you agree ?

Redirect Notice

would you agree?
No. People have been flying other DJI drones (also with no screen on the remote controller) for years and seemingly haven't run into said brick wall. It's a nice to have feature, but certainly not required to fly a drone.

Reactions: thongbong
@misnger is correct. It's a nice touch, but the most important feature on any DJI drone is RTH. Telemetry has always been an added bonus in the hobby. Hopefully DJI will make it standard one day.

I'm sure once you have it, it's great and something you don't want to give up. That said, I've never had it on any of my controllers. (P3A and Spark) and it has never been an issue for me. I expect the MP2 will retain the feature when it replaces the Original MP.

I'm sure once you have it, it's great and something you don't want to give up. That said, I've never had it on any of my controllers. (P3A and Spark) and it has never been an issue for me. I expect the MP2 will retain the feature when it replaces the Original MP.

I could see how if you never had it, you wouldn’t miss it. However, I have had it on every non-toy drone I have owned or built. At this point I wouldn’t even consider one that doesn’t come with the telemetry displayed on the RC itself.

For my own personal use of my Mavic Pro I almost never look at the controllers screen. It’s easier and more visually appealing just to look at my phone screen. That said, I’ve flown home before just using the controllers screen during loss of video/ app crashes. Though these are rare for me.

If we're talking controller concerns, the lack of right side wheel (which I use for exposure) and apparently C1/2 buttons(?) is a much bigger deal to me. Maybe people with controllers in hand now can confirm what hardware inputs are there/missing

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarstenG