DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NEW DJI FLY APP UPDATE FOR (ANDROID) VER. 1.4.12

Try clearing the cache in the app before you update to the newest version and see if that helps you out God Bless ✝️ Sincerely Clay B.

All cache cleared, reinstall, failed. (internal memory free 1.2 gb)
Cleanup memory of mobile + some app + some other thing, internal memory is 3.2 Gb free, external 20 GB, unloaded all app before installing, and finally, it does works !!
Thank you ! :cool:

Reactions: CLAYB.7
If I'm not mistaken, you have to get the DJI Fly app directly from their web site the first time. After that the app let's you know when it needs to update itself, and does the download for you. I do not believe they offer it through the app store, for whatever reason.

Reactions: Bill Ballard
Now I just need to figure out how to change that setting from "N" to "Y". Reinstalling the APK did not help.
This is how it's done on a Pixel 5. If you have a different Android phone it might be slightly different but the basic idea is the same. You need to allow the app to have media management
  1. Go to Settings
  2. Choose Apps and find the DJI Fly app (you might need to expand the list to see it)
  3. Tap Permissions
  4. Tap File and Media
  5. Choose Allow Management of all files

Chris

Seems reasonable, but I have the file management permission on already. I can explicitly export from DJI Fly to the photo app on the phone, so presumably that is working. The photos just don't show up in the photo app automatically like they used to.

Reactions: takeshi
Just noticed 120fps video is no longer available for Air 2S, in any mode 1080p, 2.7k,4k or 5.4k. Haven't seen any mention of this anywhere, so I'm hoping it's not just my drone.

Try clearing the cache in the app before you update to the newest version and see if that helps you out God Bless ✝️ Sincerely Clay B.

CLAYB.7, thanks for the clearing the cache suggestion. It's a good general solution to a lot of problems, and I'd completely overlooked it.

In the last few days, I installed each of the last three Android Fly app versions and all had the problem of the controller orientation being incorrect. It was either about 90 degrees off or about 180 degrees off, seemingly random for each flight.

I cleared the Fly app cache and the controller orientation is now spot on. However, there seems to be lot more latency in updating the controller position than the Fly app versions before this week's releases. Has anyone else observed that?

Last edited:
Seems reasonable, but I have the file management permission on already. I can explicitly export from DJI Fly to the photo app on the phone, so presumably that is working. The photos just don't show up in the photo app automatically like they used to.
I just did a couple of flights this weekend and noticed the same thing....photos no longer automatically showing up in gallery. Tried looking for settings to change it but could not find anything.

If I'm not mistaken, you have to get the DJI Fly app directly from their web site the first time. After that the app let's you know when it needs to update itself, and does the download for you. I do not believe they offer it through the app store, for whatever reason.
This seems to be what has happened...

Hey Leute, ich habe gerade ein neues Video zum neuen Update für die DJI FLY APP FÜR ANDROID VER gesehen. 1.4.12 und Sie können es auf der DJI-Website herunterladen. Ich denke, dass es sich hauptsächlich um ein Stabilitätsupdate handelt, da Stabilitätsprobleme mit der 1.4.8 VER gemeldet wurden. Ich habe noch nichts für IOS gesehen, aber bleib dran Danke und God Bless ️ Sincerely Clay B.
Live-Streaming👍

Has anyone tested the new build 1.4.12 (1430)?

1634957175032-DJI-v1.4.12-211022-1430-48641-official-sec.apk
Air 2S, Galaxy Tab S5e, standard DJI controller, latest firmware update installed

I just installed the update and made a flight. The controller location indicator on the map view (blue dot) once again has a problem.

The orientation arrow functions properly, but the operation of the overall indicator switches off and shows only a black dot with no orientation arrow. It was working normally on takeoff and then quit a few minutes later. I landed, stopped the props, and took off again. The indicator functioned correctly. After roughly a minute, the blue dot indicator turned black again. I continued the flight and found that the controller location indicator switches off and on seemingly randomly. It didn't seem to be related to drone position, signal strength, gps status, or drone speed.

Also, while the controller location indicator was working, it was somewhat unresponsive - did not respond when I walked with the controller to new locations (100' or less) as it had with Fly app versions before the updates in the last two weeks.

I did not look at other features in detail, but flight characteristics and camera operation appeared to be normal. Though, considering the string of problems with recent updates, it's difficult to have confidence in the performance of the drone.

Is anyone else getting just a bit irked with DJI about the way they're handling Fly app updates?

1634957175032-DJI-v1.4.12-211022-1430-48641-official-sec.apk
Air 2S, Galaxy Tab S5e, standard DJI controller, latest firmware update installed

I just installed the update and made a flight. The controller location indicator on the map view (blue dot) once again has a problem.

The orientation arrow functions properly, but the operation of the overall indicator switches off and shows only a black dot with no orientation arrow. It was working normally on takeoff and then quit a few minutes later. I landed, stopped the props, and took off again. The indicator functioned correctly. After roughly a minute, the blue dot indicator turned black again. I continued the flight and found that the controller location indicator switches off and on seemingly randomly. It didn't seem to be related to drone position, signal strength, gps status, or drone speed.

Also, while the controller location indicator was working, it was somewhat unresponsive - did not respond when I walked with the controller to new locations (100' or less) as it had with Fly app versions before the updates in the last two weeks.

I did not look at other features in detail, but flight characteristics and camera operation appeared to be normal. Though, considering the string of problems with recent updates, it's difficult to have confidence in the performance of the drone.

Is anyone else getting just a bit irked with DJI about the way they're handling Fly app updates?
thanks for the test ... honestly I will not update any more and I remain stationary at 1.4.8 (1185) which in the last flights I have not encountered any particular problems. Too many updates and nothing good!🤦

Hey Brother I think that I might have just found it and what I did was I just started the DJI FLY APP by itself without the MINI 2 being on and when the DJI FLY APP first comes up "PICTURE OF THE BRIDGE" go into PROFILE and then you will see SETTINGS and go into it and I seen in there it gives you a choice of "SYNC FLIGHT DATA" I hope that this helps you out God Bless ✝️ Sincerely Clay B.
I really like this forum. So much shared talent. Very helpful, very helpful!

Reactions: bukzin and CLAYB.7
thanks for the test ... honestly I will not update any more and I remain stationary at 1.4.8 (1185) which in the last flights I have not encountered any particular problems. Too many updates and nothing good!🤦
You are absolutely right! I understand the urge of one of us to always have the latest but not the greatest software, but I will never give up at something that is working fine just for having the latest with several problems!

You are absolutely right! I understand the urge of one of us to always have the latest but not the greatest software, but I will never give up at something that is working fine just for having the latest with several problems!
The last time I updated, I went to fly and after a while the problems started ... the next day on the net there was talk of these problems and I decided to install the Famous Beta 1.4.8 (1185) and with this version, all previous problems were gone ....
As soon as I have time (and I don't know when) ... I will definitely try 1.4.12 if a new version doesn't come out first, but I keep the 1.4.8 (1185) APK ready to reinstall in case of problems.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji