DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New DJI Go4 app (4.2.20)

charlas

Reactions
Anyone know what's new/good/bad about the new release (besides what's on the release notes)

Just curious, doesn't seem to affect anything for me including the fcc mode. Screenshot_20180611-181043_Google%20Play%20Store.jpeg

I as hoping that they would add the ability to download maps for offline use again, Like DJI recently did in the CrystalSky app.

No such luck. At least on iOS.

I as hoping that they would add the ability to download maps for offline use again, Like DJI recently did in the CrystalSky app.

No such luck. At least on iOS.

Works fine on Android, just have to cache them before you go out, does that not work on IOS? Then again the CrystalSky is android, so suppose that might make some sense.

Yea I just updated on iOS and no go on caching maps. I use a CrystalSky normally, so its not such a big deal for me but I do have an iPad mini that I used before the CS and I like to keep it current as a backup.

I'm really not digging the way you have to select regions with the new caching method. Also it seems buggy. Naming doesn't work as the keyboard repeats characters (I actually go to the file manager and create a folder with my desired region name and then copy/paste the text into the app) and after downloading 10-12 regions I got a message indicating I had to delete some (still had lots of storage available). Even after deleting some, I couldn't add any more. But I guess that's for another thread.

Anyone know what's new/good/bad about the new release (besides what's on the release notes)

Just curious, doesn't seem to affect anything for me including the fcc mode. View attachment 39924
Given DJI's unfortunate proclivity to inflict beta-class software, I've backed up the .apk file for the previous version, in case this one proves excessively buggy.

Yeah I've got the previous couple of APK's too [emoji4]

For all the agony and problems with latest fw for Air ( which have not yet been fixed ) - it would be fair that DJI give us D-log as a free upgrade and as an apology to every Air user because there is a lot of grounded Air who is waiting this to be solve and it is just a simple "true/false" in there code for d-log ;)

For all the agony and problems with latest fw for Air ( which have not yet been fixed ) - it would be fair that DJI give us D-log as a free upgrade and as an apology to every Air user because there is a lot of grounded Air who is waiting this to be solve and it is just a simple "true/false" in there code for d-log ;)

We can hope... but I wouldn't hold out for it :) Just be thankful we have D-Cinelike ;)

Oh also, just checked, offline maps working perfectly on both my S9+ and my tab 4 8 plus

Reactions: alanh
Finally the gale-force winds and rain stopped long enough for a couple of test flights today with the latest, ver. 4.2.20. I didn't notice any issues at all.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada