DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New dji mini2- right arm cracked

aaro

Reactions
Hi all,

I am based in Ireland and just purchased a dji mini 2 without dji care on 6th of July. This is my first drone. It crashed into a tree and fell down and there is a crack on the right arm now. Could anyone kindly suggest what I should do about it?

Should I replace the arm Drone Motor Arm Left Right Front Rear Aircraft RC Toy DIY For DJI Mavic Mini 2 : Amazon.co.uk: Toys & Games or send it to dji care? The other thing I can think of is- it seems to work fine so should I just use the epoxy glue and make it operate for a while? I am also thinking of fixing a hanger wire or something between the protrusions of the front arms and the handle so that the triangular structure makes it more stable.

Kindly suggest.

Thanks.

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-14 at 4.16.26 PM.jpeg

If you replace it yourself I think you could kiss any warranty good bye. Also, since that is a UK website, what is the situation regarding import duties to an EU country? Normally the concern is the other way about lol.
The trouble with gluing is finding a glue that will securely adhere to the arm's plastic.
Re wire, weight would be one consideration, magnetic interference might be another and then how do you secure the wire and would it be meant to stay on whilst the drone is 'stored'?

I think I would be inclined to send it in or at least see if you can get a quote and see if you can get care refresh on the 'returned' drone.

It is or was possible to get care refresh on an 'old' drone via submitting a video showing the required things but I do not know if that option is still given.

Reactions: aaro
@aaro as thats a front arm then all that is holding it together is a three sided box section, the soft foam insert at the back of the arm has no structural integrity, if you remove the foam carefully as there are wires behind it , then you should be able to epoxy glue inside the structure and then add a very thin plastic to the rear of the arm after putting the foam back in to protect the wires ,an old credit card is light and stiff,after cutting it to a rough shape glue it to the back edge of the arm from about half way up from the pivot point, and shape it to form a tab to go half way round the motor come antenna housing ,that should tie it all together and give it strength you can use a good super glue for that part of the procedure,once it has all dried then you can give the card a final sanding to match the contour of the arm,you could also just stiffen the opposite arm with the remains of the credit card to match the repaired arm and it will improve the stiffness of that arm as well and keep everything in balance

Reactions: aaro
I am not sure of the exchange rate...but I think the new one is less than $25 US for that money, why fool around?....Just get a new one and be done with it...where that crack is, I would be worried that the motor would start moving around

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000