DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New DJI Osmo Pocket Release!

Drone Master

Rest In Peace, Fellow Pilot
Premium Pilot
Reactions
What are your thoughts on this interesting new little gadget by DJI?
C79B3CEA-66DD-4A4A-AE7B-168A5EBF72BF.jpeg

It is obvious that no one has commented on it as it has been well known since the M2 release and rumored pics.
However, this product has the potential as a go pro replacement.
So small, it’s scary! What would you use this Osmo Pocket For?
The answers are endless I’m sure!!..

Last edited:
It is obvious that no one has commented on it as it has been well known since the M2 release and rumored pics.
However, this product has the potential as a go pro replacement.
So small, it’s scary! What would you use this Osmo Pocket For?
The answers are endless I’m sure!!..

As a large majority use their cell phone to fly DJI products.

One could use the Osmo Pocket to film those B-roll/ground shots while the Drone is in the air. I like the Spark sensor and its a different look than carrying a GoPro around.

Waterproof?

Well, here it is! At least what it will be packaged as.
1C05AD88-32D2-4822-97D9-CEC70BD61BF2.jpeg

Reactions: chrishurni
I think I will swap osmo with my GoPro 6, most of the time I m using GoPro when I m diving. Shacking hand under water is annoying. It looks like they resolve this issue

I think I will swap osmo with my GoPro 6

This does not seem anywhere near a replacement for a GoPro given the rugged conditions GoPros often encounter. The slightest mishap while filming from a motorcross motorcycle , mountain bike, race car, etc would likely destroy this expensive camera.

This seems a fancy selfie video device. Nothing wrong with that. It has its purpose but it is not replacing a true action camera.

I will add, it seems DJI’s marketing photos support my take on the product.

Last edited:
My GoPro 5 and FeiyuTech G5 are already on eBay and Osmo Pocket has been ordered. But keeping my GoPro 6. Was thinking of the GoPro 7 but not going to bother with it now.

Pretty cool camera. Not ready for it yet as I have my iPhone and Yi original action camera.

But awesome engineering and compact design. Echoing others, I think there is still a need for a GOPRO type system for durability.

Im sure DJI will come with some adds to use in terrain , thay already anounced under water case up to 60 m. I have orderd one will see what is this devil Thumbswayup

Has anyone used the Osmo? If so, what are your thoughts? How is the stabilization? I have a hand tremor which makes my hands are pretty shaky, and I am looking for a handheld device that will still shoot good videos even with shaky hands.

I have it since yesterday. Just did some little testvideos. As long as you don't record closeups, the gimbal does superb work. But if you are to close (30cm or below), you'll see shaking. I'll upload my testvideo and post it in a few minutes here.

EDIT: here it is. Nothing special, for me the test was more about the fog.

Last edited:
Two weeks in now and loving it, I don,t have the steadiest of hands but footage has been super smooth. The motion lapse is awesome.

i have mine since two weeks . tested during NY laser show with poor light and is great. I'm more than happy. If DJI will come with some good stuff attached to it probably will leave my GoPro 7 in drawer for long. Im diver so Im waiting for water proof cover.

Reactions: fozzzy
I did some more footage in the last week:
Image quality is really good for the size of the camera. I did a timelapse of the sunset yesterday and this is one of the Pictures:

I also walked through the city to capture some scenes. Again, the Quality is really good but the steps (wobbling) where clearly visible. I've to be a bit more careful or mount it on something heavier to achive a "Steady-Cam"-effect.

The only issue I found until now is some focus hunting. I heard that others also have this problem and hope that DJI provides a firmware update.

Greetings
Jürgen

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22