DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

(new drone)Mavic pro platinum video issue

Reactions
Need help
no changes.
Problem? I have very bad video right out of the box. Unusable bad.

Was unit in a crash? No

What have you tried so far? Adjusting framerate, changed sd card, made sure all software is up to date.

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)? Samsung Android

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? Latest

What Go app version are you using? 4

Any modification?
(if so what) None

Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what) no

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? (if so post link) Yes. https://youtu.be/hVCLtcmiPus

Do you have an SD card inserted... if so details please.
I see the reset jitters... what are your recording settings on the drone and what is the playback capability of you tablet?

Reactions: old man mavic
watched you video and you have what appears to be something we call jello, it is when the camera senses vibration from the drone as it is being flown, you need to check to see if all the attachment rubber hangers are all attached to the gimbal ,and that the gimbal is positioned correctly under the anti drop hook and the two front hooks where it attaches to the drone

the main reason i mentioned to check the gimbal attachment was because i could see that the OP had stated new drone, which led me to believe that it was a recent purchase ,and as we know it has probably travelled quite a lot since it was made ,and it is possible that if it had been opened at customs somewhere and the gimbal saver had become dislodged,then it could have caused the gimbal to become loose from its mountings, we all know that not everyone handles with care when delivering our stuff

Reactions: Thomas B
I did check the hangers and hooks as referenced prior to last flight. Thx. They were correct.

I used two sd cards

MIcro CEnter SD 1 XC I 64 GB (I have used this exact card with a mavic pro no issues. My platinum, jello.)
The link I provided was recorded on the below card.
Tne DJI included Sandisk extreme 16gb Micro HC I [3]

Video set to 4K/24 mp4 ntsc

I just triple checked gimbal. It is perfect visually.

Playback capabilities question from Thomas B. , would the attached phone change the onboard recording to sd card? (I thought it had no bearing on on board video)
I am using a bottom end samsung galaxy phone.

I did check the hangers and hooks as referenced prior to last flight. Thx. They were correct.

I used two sd cards

MIcro CEnter SD 1 XC I 64 GB (I have used this exact card with a mavic pro no issues. My platinum, jello.)
The link I provided was recorded on the below card.
Tne DJI included Sandisk extreme 16gb Micro HC I [3]

Video set to 4K/24 mp4 ntsc
Have you tried it on your computer... without using ntsc to record?

Looks like a gimbal problem to me. I realize it is a brand-new drone, but have you checked the props to make sure there is not problem (chips in the plastic or imbalance). It looks like the aircraft is vibrating, and the gimbal is unable to correct. If you just hover right in front of you, is the aircraft very stable? Or is it vibrating up and down or left and right? If you watch the gimbal, is it doing anything strange, or is it very steady? There is a little metal "tab" that keeps the mounting plate for the gimbal from dropping down too far. Is the mounting plate on the top side of that metal tab like it should be? If it got pulled down to the bottom side, I've seen that exact same video problem.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803