DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Error to me

slkfis

Reactions
I was flying today and had gotten a High Winds warning, this is common to me as I live on the coast and we have a lot of wind. During these times I always fly very conservatively keeping the Mavic low and close by. I had only been up a few minutes when I got this error

Ultrasound Sensor error Hardware Malfunction-----Contact DJI to arrange for repairs.

The MP has not been crashed and has been performing well.

I had had some Downward Ultrasonic Sensor errors a couple weeks ago but following some Forum advise to close all sensors and reboot the problem went away.

Any thoughts?
thxs
slkfis

They don't work well on soft sound absorbing surfaces when landing but in flight who knows, unless of course a bird was flying formation... what the flock!

Reactions: slkfis
Since this happened it seems I am having some very fast descending RTH's. Some I was only able to reverse inches to the ground. Definitely a crash in the making. I stopped using RTH.

I am still in Warranty with only 28 flights recorded so I am considering contacting DJI.

thxs for the reply.

slkfis

Yep, sounds like the right move.

Airdata.com may give you some clues into what’s going on. The free version allows you to upload/ maintain a running total of 100 flights.

Something you mentioned reminded me of an incident I had during a night landing where I discovered the gps only gets you close in low light. Had I not been at the stick it was landing on the roof LOL

Good luck

Reactions: slkfis
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
earthflute