DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New EU height limits and firmware

Thanks, this was interesting. If this works, I think DJI solved the stupid 120m above-takeoff-point regulation in a good way. It is now up to the pilot if he/she wants to have the mini 4 classified as a C0 drone or not.

Reactions: Flakey Flier
Apparently future firmware will restrict pilots in the EU to 120m but with an option to opt out,read on.

Tell you what IS interesting ..... scroll down to the bottom of the page and go down the footnote rabbit hole. While you're in EU Wonderland: make sure you click on all the hyperlinks and read through those too. Interesting links to the 1st generation EU GZM, which is going to get increasingly populated as time goes on, with parks and beauty spots being able to restrict drone flight as they see fit (all there in black and white). Also mentioned for the first time is U-space and the role USSP's (U Space Service Providers) will play in deciding when, or if, you will be able to fly at all.

Thanks for that link. I had to trawl through reams of EU documents over a year ago to find out what the plan was. DJI has consolidated all the right info into one start point.

Boy, am I glad that the GB decided to opt out of the Euro-club.

Reactions: zinko
In about 60 days, all of this goes away apparently:

*All drones bought from 1 January 2024 onwards will have a mandatory class identification label which cannot be removed.

In about 60 days, all of this goes away apparently:

*All drones bought from 1 January 2024 onwards will have a mandatory class identification label which cannot be removed.
Not if you purchase a DJI drone outside the EU, apparently.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lschabert