DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

new flyer first video

Reactions
Hi all so this is my first video ive done on my drone which ive had less than a week
ive filmed this on my mavic mini in 1080p early evening as i wanted to try and get sunset photos
i know a few of the shots i messed up but i am a first time drone pilot
still would like some feedback though tips or settings i can play around with to make it smoother or anything like that
thanks

A good first time effort. Smooth video filming, but little jumpy between scene transformations. Saw a lot of the roof. Object could have been captured with some more fluidity, ie bottom to top rather than up dn up. Music a bit dramatic for me. My 2 cents worth.

My suggestion would be to cut on movement. Stopping before a jump cut makes it jarring to watch. Also, don't stop your motion in the middle of a shot, you would be better off to transition between the movements.

Good first try, but for me the music is too dramatic for the subject. Maybe also wait for a sunny day to add to the contrast, and don't spend so much time (3:40) on a single subject such as one building.

I don't think there is anything technically wrong with your shots, You chose a good time of day to film, and there is some good stuff there!

You don't say what you use as an editor? The reason I ask is that this may be a big help to you. The bundled offerings that make video's for you are not helpful for being creative. There are plenty out there that do the basics of cutting and moving stuff around to make a different order. Lots of free ones, and lots of ones that cost money. Whatever package you choose, my golden rule is to have plenty of youtube tutorials to guide you.

Look at editing as telling a story. In it's basic form, trim off all the shots, or parts of shots that are shaky. move them into groups of similar shots and zap any that are duplicates, or near duplicates - choose the best one. In this case it's all about one tower. Maybe start with an establishing shot of the area, and approach the tower. Then pick out details. But don't make the shots too long - because they are technically OK, that's not a good reason to include the whole shot!

Good video for a start. I look forward to many more and better ones to come.

I see in your video that it is easy to improve:

- The movements of the drone are not continuous. If you get that in each scene with drone / gimball, makin them to have the same continuous and fluid movement always, it looks much better.
- The movements of the drone don´t look fluid, they are jumpy, stuttering, which together with the amount of noise and artifacts in the video, makes me suspect that you have not done something right. Did the timeline have the same frames per second as the video you recorded, and the render options? That is, if you recorded at 1080p 29.97fps, edit (timeline) in the same format and render in the same format.
- There is too much red and blue color in the video. Reduce the levels of both
- The video has too much noise / artifacts. With noise reduction, you can fix it.
- You should try to make the video more varied and not focus on only one construction.

Hope this help you for next videos.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929