DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Flymore set missing the micro usb connector needed for my android phone.

softdown

Reactions
Sangre de Cristo Mountains, Colorado, USA
It was an "open box" that saved me some money. All looked new but I can not find a needed micro usb connector. Found two others - one for iPhone and one for Type C (believe it is called) that looks pretty similar to micro usb connector.

Turns out there are a rather confusing array of connectors and gibberish and complaints about connectors being too short etc. Plus none mention the Mavic Mini but I think it uses the same controller as others.

EDIT: Turns out box says "Made for iPhone". Does that mean I will have other troubles aside from the proper connector? Amazon ad says nothing about iPhone vs Android.
I know most flyers use an iPhone or iPad but the Samsung Galaxy Edge 7 is listed as compatible.

Do I just need to buy a micro usb connector and a fast memory card? Thanks in advance for good help.

Can’t help on the connector, but the “ made for iPhone” is just an Apple approval stamp meaning it will work with an iPhone.
So not to worry on that count.

Can’t help on the connector, but the “ made for iPhone” is just an Apple approval stamp meaning it will work with an iPhone.
So not to worry on that count.

Goes on to say: "Mac Works with iMovie and Final Cut Pro X". Disconcerting for us Android and Windows peasants.

Plus the Amazon images show three different connection cables. I got two. Buying "Open Box" is often a crap shoot. But I saved $60 and will spend ~ $10 with luck. The aggravation though?

One thing I learned - don't buy high tech "Open Box" from a vendor in China unless you are highly tech savvy. Another story for another day.

Goes on to say: "Mac Works with iMovie and Final Cut Pro X". Disconcerting for us Android and Windows peasants.

Plus ...
It will work with any editing program available on most platforms, including the ones listed (required by Apple) on the box. So don’t worry about that or having to learn a new editing app. Ultimately it’s just an mpg.

Editing is something I used to do plenty when I combined some video with my photography. But that was the old XP days so I will likely have to get new editing software. Been well over a decade now. I'll hopefully cross that bridge soon enough. There are certainly a few things to learn and do on the road to Jedi Drone Master XVIII.

If you’re talking about the short black cables that comes in the mavic product packages, I have too many that I don’t need. If you have a picture of the type your looking for so I can be sure, I can send you one.
LMK.

It was an "open box" that saved me some money. All looked new but I can not find a needed micro usb connector. Found two others - one for iPhone and one for Type C (believe it is called) that looks pretty similar to micro usb connector.

Turns out there are a rather confusing array of connectors and gibberish and complaints about connectors being too short etc. Plus none mention the Mavic Mini but I think it uses the same controller as others.

EDIT: Turns out box says "Made for iPhone". Does that mean I will have other troubles aside from the proper connector? Amazon ad says nothing about iPhone vs Android.
I know most flyers use an iPhone or iPad but the Samsung Galaxy Edge 7 is listed as compatible.

Do I just need to buy a micro usb connector and a fast memory card? Thanks in advance for good help.
yes just buy a fast verry fast sd card and a usb cable and not the cheap ones ...she will fly ....long live android

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScottLoucks