DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New FW for MA2 is out...

Anyone else find this firmware didn't prompt to update their other batteries?
I just installed and didnt get a prompt but I think it did automatically on that battery bc after restarting with another battery I did get a prompt....updating now

I just installed and didnt get a prompt but I think it did automatically on that battery bc after restarting with another battery I did get a prompt....updating now
Yeah, that's what usually happens, but didn't this time... Oh well, maybe they'll ask tomorrow :)

Yeah, that's what usually happens, but didn't this time... Oh well, maybe they'll ask tomorrow :)
Actually there is an issue with 1 of my 4 batteries...I've restarted with it 3 rtimes and haven't gotten a prompt to update.
Have you tried more than 1 battery?

Actually there is an issue with 1 of my 4 batteries...I've restarted with it 3 rtimes and haven't gotten a prompt to update.
Have you tried more than 1 battery?
Yeah, I have the flymore so 2 weren't in the drone when I updated... Having tried both, neither prompted to update...

weird 3 of mine did and 1 doesn't...according to another thread there's yet another update available...fingers crossed

Odd. I installed it and then swapped batteries. I saw no indication of a battery update.

I am updating my 2nd battery now so it must have a battery update...
Edit: third battery doesn't update, I'm wondering if the battery firmware was from a previous firmware update that never got done on the other two batteries? ?

Last edited:
Edit: third battery doesn't update, I'm wondering if the battery firmware was from a previous firmware update that never got done on the other two batteries? ?
I just checked again, swapped batteries (from the one onboard during FW update) and there were no indications of a battery update. In any case, everything looks good with the new version of Fly and updated FW.

I'm thinking that is the case

Reactions: MavicAir2Marc
Welcome to the club mate!
Install DJI Assistans and connect the drone to the PC. There you will be able to update the drone if needed. Of course you could make it via the phone. And one more thing - install AIRDATA, log in with DJI account and just see what will find there....
How would I log into AIRDATA with my DJI user name and password. how would that work?? I just downloaded the app and it wants me to sign up. thanks

Looks like you can now "bind" your drone to your DJI account which will prevent someone else from using it if they find it. Pretty neat. (basically like iCloud lock on iPhones)

Does that mean even if I’m flying now I must stop and re- bind?

Anyone else find this firmware didn't prompt to update their other batteries?
Same here. I did not get any prompt to update my batteries after I installed the new AC FW.

To be sure, I also swapped out with the two other batteries and there was still no prompt for any battery FW update.

By the way, I flew the MA2 today, used hyperlapse cruise control, and so far no issues.

It is all good for now Thumbswayup ;)

Reactions: rxlawdude
When swapping batteries, did you also restart the app and RC? That seems to trigger rechecking firmware including the battery. Might be only app needs restart.

When swapping batteries, did you also restart the app and RC? That seems to trigger rechecking firmware including the battery. Might be only app needs restart.
I turned off the drone, turned off the controller, detached the A51 from the controller, removed the batteries.

Then I installed the new batteries and when through the usual process of turning on the drone, attaching the phone and turning on the remote.

I guess this means that I totally restart everything.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dseyna