DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New FW for MA2 is out...

When swapping batteries, did you also restart the app and RC? That seems to trigger rechecking firmware including the battery. Might be only app needs restart.
on the one that didn't update for me I did try different restarts and it still didn't prompt me.

I think MavicAir2Marc may have solved this...did any/all of you update all of your batteries on the previous update?
"Edit: third battery doesn't update, I'm wondering if the battery firmware was from a previous firmware update that never got done on the other two batteries?"

Reactions: MavicAir2Marc
I think MavicAir2Marc may have solved this...did any/all of you update all of your batteries on the previous update?
"Edit: third battery doesn't update, I'm wondering if the battery firmware was from a previous firmware update that never got done on the other two batteries?"
In my case, yes and I already updated all my battery FW during the previous update

I turned off the drone, turned off the controller, detached the A51 from the controller, removed the batteries.

Then I installed the new batteries and when through the usual process of turning on the drone, attaching the phone and turning on the remote.

I guess this means that I totally restart everything.
But did you restart the app, or was it continuously running all this time?

Hi all, been a while! Hope everyone is good . Just done my updates (UK IOS) and think? the battery in ,updated with the air2. After that i powered off, swapped batteries and no prompt, just says firmware updated. Too add, my batteries were both updated previously, so none had missed any updates. Unless there was no battery update this time with latest firmware to start with, im not 100% if it did an update or not with this latest one.

Not showing up on Google Play for me
All new firmware/Apps MUST be downloaded straight from DJI site...plenty of threads on this to explain or at least speculate why. So either get it there or use Asst. 2. :)

Last edited:
Is there any official DJI forum that they read what we post?
They (DJI Reps) used to be on a couple of forums, then in some nonsensical move (By DJI corporate) , moved their support and such over to FarceBook...stranding those of use who don't use any social media to fend for ourselves.

Then they (DJI) did a restructuring and lost/canned the best ones and now you have the simple "read from the script" support on any site these days, shame really, it used to be a great world to own DJI.

We even had a engineer or two that worked for DJI on forums...and they had planned a roll out for straight software side engineers to join forums. But that got canned as well due to language barriers and logistics.

But there are still a few "Old Timers" hanging around that do their best to help. :) Best to hang out here and RCG for most up to date and helpful people still hanging around...RCG still has the occasional visit from past DJI employees, not that they are in the loop, but I think they still have some info they share. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: GadgetGuy
I cannot recall without looking and don't want to fire things up just to look, but doesn't; the app show details of the battery to see if they are all on the same page as far as the firmware, or is that not a part of the battery details it displays, such as SN, charging cycles and whatever else is there that I cannot remember at the moment..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smittysflying