DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New gimbal protector mini 3 pro

Nickyb65

Reactions
Hi

I got a new plastic gimbal protector to replace the stock one that came with the drone.

Two things I like about it. It covers and protects the two frog eye sensors and also the downward ones.

The other thing is that the design keeps the gimbal in the straight forward position when clipped on.

Got it from eBay on the following link..

Lens Hood Case Cover Sensor Protector Lens Cap Protective For DJI Mini 3 Pro | eBay

I’ve attached an image fitted to my drone. It’s pretty well made and give a bit more protection.

Attachments

• ADA65FF3-BFC5-4C09-AB13-3489B73D0526.jpeg
    ADA65FF3-BFC5-4C09-AB13-3489B73D0526.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 51
Reactions: JimSteadman
I also got one. The one supplied with the drone always seemed difficult to get onto the drone. The new one (above) snaps on with a satisfying CLICK and, as mentioned provides more protection.

Reactions: Nickyb65
I also got one. The one supplied with the drone always seemed difficult to get onto the drone. The new one (above) snaps on with a satisfying CLICK and, as mentioned provides more protection.
Yeah I agree, I have to be careful to make sure the gimbal and camera is facing forwards so its located in the protector area of the cover.

I got one a few weeks ago (there have been a couple other threads on here about this) and it works great. A number of sellers selling them on eBay & Amazon & Etsy but they are all identical so get the cheapest one :) .. So much easier. It may not give quite as much protection to the gimbal as the OEM one but good enough for me.

There are very few good gimbal protectors out there for the Mini 3 Pro. I purchased recently from Amazon just to see if it would be better than the stock protector. Waste of money if you ask me. in the second picture I uploaded, those "lines/grooves" claim to keep the camera/gimbal from moving. Once clipped into place, shaking the drone in hand you can see the gimbal and camera is moving inside the protector. I went back to using the stock gimbal protector.

Attachments

• 61NxCa0BapL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    61NxCa0BapL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 4
  • Screen Shot 2022-09-26 at 12-1.43.07 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-26 at 12-1.43.07 AM.png
    445.6 KB · Views: 4
How about this one?
41gJpdBlMcL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Looks like those internal fins would keep the gimbal from moving. Anyone tried this one?

Amazon.com: IMYHOO MINI 3 Pro Frog Lens Cap Drone Camera Dust-proof Quadcopter Protector,Lens Cover Gimbal Protection Vision Sensor Integrated Cover for Mini 3 Pro Drone : Toys & Games

@Aerophile Definitely gonna order this one. A lot more fins inside the protector which would look like it will secure the camera and gimbal arm securely. Thank you for the link. I'll update soon once I receive the protector.

Reactions: Aerophile
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada