DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Goggles 100% power loss on first flight!!

RickC

Reactions
I have a brand new pair of goggles.

They were fully charged, and then properly linked to my Mavic Pro.

During my first practice flight, I was trying to activate the BACK button on the bottom, but may have pressed the FUNCTION button instead.
Regardless, the goggles lost all power, went dead and would not respond to any controls. They acted as though the batteries might be totally drained.

Upon returning home, I put them on a charger, and, after a few minutes, they showed a full charge again, and seemed to be reacting normally.

What is going on? Looks like it might be a hardware defect, and I am planning to exchange them for another pair at Best Buy.

Any comments appreciated.

Make sure your connection from the headband portion of the Goggles to the eyepiece/screen portion is tight, secure, and the terminals are clean. The power (battery) is in the headband portion and feeds the screen power through the connection. Sounds like when you pushed on the eyepiece portion, you dislodged the connection slightly and lost power.

This part:
Inside-DJI-Goggles-headband-connector.jpg

Reactions: Pathogen
TNX for your comments. Pretty sure I had a good connection. Pushing function button disturb main power connection? maybe. going to try again this morning.

A faulty connection would explain your total power loss (and why it happened when you applied a small force to the viewfinder part). It could be a loose wire or a bad connection inside the Goggles themselves but better to eliminate error points that you can deal with, before attempting to return them for exchange.

On the first use of my Goggles I had a similar experience. Later I found out that the connection between headband and goggles was not correctly locked. Always push them together until you will hear and feel the lock-clicking.

So, I updated the goggle firmware from 1.03 to 1.04. Firmly clicked everything together, and went out for a short test flight. Everything ok. unable to reproduce the problem.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dond40127