DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Government rules ????

This gentleman seems to have a pretty good grasp on the UK situation.
Dylan usually knows his stuff and he's very funny as well.

Tha

That's interesting. Cool idea. It's a pity dji don't coat them in the same stuff they now coat phones in to stop water killing them. It would help dji having to give new mashines away.
where do you get them ?

You can buy them direct from getterback.com or Amazon global will also ship them to the UK for ya mate.

All you need is a label maker and put it on the outside of the Mavic, I put mine on one of the arms. Also have a Ireland sticker as required to fly there.

Flock - (from) £3 per flight - £250,000 public liability insurance

FPVUK - £20 quid a year - £5,000,000 public liability insurance

BMFA - £34 quid a year - £25,000,000 public liability insurance

All figures quoted here are for recreational flights only.
Sounds like setting a precident number one, and the rates they quote also show you that the insurance company doesn't think your drone could cause one iota of damage.

Hi. As I put the CAA then it's clear I was talking about the UK. It's the FAA if the USA.

Ummm, not really, because there is a CAA in Canada and in Australia I believe, therefore CAA is not just the UK. So, FAA or CAA still needs to have a country attached so everyone is on the same page for an answer.

Well as we are all aware by now the government have been working on introducing new rules and an online test of competency and an online register, I though I would try to get a jump on the crowd and register in time for the new laws to become effective and take the test, the problem is I can't seem to find where to register or take the test, are we expected to wait for the law to come to pass and do everything last minute or as I suspect am I a total moron and have not looked in the right places.
Any hints?
Stu
OK, so I thought this was an international forum. It would be very helpful if a country was indicated in relevance to any particular regulation discussed.
Thanks

Ummm, not really, because there is a CAA in Canada and in Australia I believe, therefore CAA is not just the UK. So, FAA or CAA still needs to have a country attached so everyone is on the same page for an answer.
CAA in Canada is the Canadian automobile association! Ours is transport Canada.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78