DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New here and new to drones

Caleb90

Reactions
Hello, i just bought a used like new mavic mini. I have never had a drone before and decided this would be a good starter unit. I have a couple questions i am hopping can be answered. First i went to dji to download the fly app and my browser said it was not a safe app. I got scared and didnt download it, is there any alternative safe apps i can down load to fly my mini? Second, it came with a 3 battery charging hub. But is missing the cable and plug, the seller says he found them and shipped them. But just incase they dont show, what amp plug and cable do i need to buy? Thank you

Reactions: 4006448 and MA2 317
@Caleb90 welcome to the forum ,the plug you refer to is actually a charger its rated at 18w and uses a quick transfer cable between it and the hub ,it can be purchased from DJI direct or a good DJI registered dealer it allows the batteries to be charged quicker ,do go on the DJI website and download the manual for your drone it will give you a good idea of what it can do ,it is also possible to purchase aftermarket chargers for the MM that can charge up to 4 batteries at the same time ,the hub only does one at a time until all 4 are charged ,it is possible to use something like a phone type charger with a standard lead but it will take considerably longer to charge up each battery if your done was a fly more kit then they did come with two of the leads that i mentioned

Reactions: ashyt16 and MA2 317
This is what it came with.....The Mini fly more combo plus, two extra batteries with charger, set of six camera lenses, Silicone prop holders, Yagi antenna (range extender), Parabolic Antenna (range extender), 4 extra sets of Blades, Red motor dust covers, Prop Guards, Over Water Float.Screenshot_20220402-200621.png

@Caleb90 yes please refer to my post #2 above

Ah i skipped right over that part.. so is the fly app safe to use and are their other apps i could use instead of dji's app

I was looking at buyin the basic mavic mini refurb for $218usd , i found this one for sale and i paid $240usd. I hope that it was a good deal, i dont know much about drones and the values

Hello, i just bought a used like new mavic mini. I have never had a drone before and decided this would be a good starter unit.

Hello from the Crossroads of America Caleb90.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Reactions: old man mavic
I see there are various versons of that charger under different names and prices. Wonder if it makes a difference
You’re right they are sold by different suppliers hence the different pricing but the same unit. When I bought mine I bought the lowest priced one. Just make sure it’s the one for the mini. Hope that helps with your decision.
Enjoy the learning of all things drone. If you haven’t already download the manual from the DJI website and read it through a couple times. Lots of good information.

Ah i skipped right over that part.. so is the fly app safe to use and are their other apps i could use instead of dji's app
I've been using the Fly app with Mini-2s for 10 months now, and it works just fine in my experience.

I also just bought a Mini-1 Fly More Combo. I flew it for the first time yesterday, using the same phone and Fly app that I use for the Mini-2s. It worked flawlessly.

I think the bad mouthing of the Fly app safety is mostly just whining nannyism. Just go to the DJI site directly, and download Fly from there.

Have fun with your new little beast!

:)

MM

I was looking at buyin the basic mavic mini refurb for $218usd , i found this one for sale and i paid $240usd. I hope that it was a good deal, i dont know much about drones and the values
An entirely reasonable deal.

I was bidding on a Mini-1 Fly More Combo on eBay. My $230 bid got beaten by a bid of $232.50.

I just completed a private party sale for my Mini-1 FMC for $230.

So, $230 -$240 seems to be the going rate for the Mini-1 FMC.

I originally just wanted the basic kit...AC. RC, 1 Battery...but I couldn't find one at a price that I liked. Thrifty Drone had the basic kit for $209, but I was more interested in paying $150 - $175 for just that.

Bottom line...ya did good!

:)

MM

Took 2 flys with it today, what a hoot. First fly was mid afternoon and even with out sd card the pics were decent. Second flight was during sunset, this time the camera was white and drowning every thing out. I hope that is what the different lense covers are for? Or some how i messed the camera up

Seems as if your camera was somehow set to manual and over exposed. Try again but make sure your camera setting is on auto, as in "not-pro". Pro setting can do that if ISO is set too high, among other things.

Welcome to the forum!
I have the mini 1 and it is a pleasure to fly!!
I would recommend that you download the UAV Forecast App, if you have not already. This app will let you know your current weather conditions before you fly! I check it everyday!
I look forward to seeing some of your pictures and videos!

So the camera was in pro mode. Tride messing with the kv value ect but was still extreamly white. Put it in normal mode and it is much much better. This pic is not hd as i need a sd card. I have the sun shade on the gimbledji_export_1649540558837.jpg

Reactions: dozzn
I need to really read the manual and learn every thing. Ive just been playing with it and getting a feel for it and learning on the fly. There is alot of stuff packed into these little things

Reactions: dozzn
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead