DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New here in Oz

cobbadog

Reactions
G'Day all, I have just purchased a toy grade drone (not Mavic) to see if it is as catching as the rest of our hobbies. I am yet to receive it but looking forward to it arriving. As my first learn to drive drone I did not outlay a lot of money because I dont know if I will like it, I am counting on some crashes being a learner and have never flown anything before, and if I find I do like as much as I expect I can learn all about the one I bought then look at an upgrade.

Reactions: Hauptmann
Just because it is a "toy" does not exempt you from CASA regs, as well as state and local authority regs. Make sure you comply.

Reactions: cobbadog
Yes, I have read the plain english version of the casa regs and they are really common sense. Where we live there is no end of places to go and play and learn how to fly the drone. Closest airport is 30 kilometers away although at the moment we are under the flight paths of the fire water bombing planes so will need to go else where and that would be down to the 20 kilometers of empty beach early in the morning before the NE wind gets up.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato