DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New IPad Pro 12.9 issues with the Mavic Mini

Starving Artist

Reactions
Hello Mavic Community,

Let me preference my post by saying I have been interested in Drones for several years now. Never had the opportunity time wise to get involved and learn. Just got the Mavic Mini a month ago and have found it extremely fun. I look forward to learning everthing I can with the Mavic Mini and then move on to the bigger models. This forum seems to be the place to find and share information on everything Mavic. I look forward to learning and contributing to this community.

So far everything has been great so I decided to get an new iPad Pro 12.9 . I am a Graphic Designer so I did not get the iPad just for the Drone, but thought it would be a good display to use so it was a little bit of the factor. Thought I did enough research but apparently not. There is a compatibility issue with the new iPad Pro 12.9. Of course I now find out that DJI only supports IOS phones for the Mini. So they have been no help, somewhat understandably. For a company that try’s to mirror Apples business model you think they would have been on top of that.

I purchased two longer cables so far. One from RCGEEK and one from Drone Pit Stop. Neither one will work. The crazy thing is that the smaller cable that came with the Mavic Mini works just fine all be it the display is letterbox. The letterbox is understandable due to the compatibility (Hope they fix this in an update). I realize I can not fly this way but really don’t understand how the small cable works but the longer ones do not. They both have the same plugs.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me and possibly give a solution or workaround?

iPad mini works fine. Screen size with the mini is acceptable to me.

Your iPad should work fine. One thing though and it may not make a difference but you should update your iPad to 13.3.1.

Hello Mavic Community,

Let me preference my post by saying I have been interested in Drones for several years now. Never had the opportunity time wise to get involved and learn. Just got the Mavic Mini a month ago and have found it extremely fun. I look forward to learning everthing I can with the Mavic Mini and then move on to the bigger models. This forum seems to be the place to find and share information on everything Mavic. I look forward to learning and contributing to this community.

So far everything has been great so I decided to get an new iPad Pro 12.9 . I am a Graphic Designer so I did not get the iPad just for the Drone, but thought it would be a good display to use so it was a little bit of the factor. Thought I did enough research but apparently not. There is a compatibility issue with the new iPad Pro 12.9. Of course I now find out that DJI only supports IOS phones for the Mini. So they have been no help, somewhat understandably. For a company that try’s to mirror Apples business model you think they would have been on top of that.

I purchased two longer cables so far. One from RCGEEK and one from Drone Pit Stop. Neither one will work. The crazy thing is that the smaller cable that came with the Mavic Mini works just fine all be it the display is letterbox. The letterbox is understandable due to the compatibility (Hope they fix this in an update). I realize I can not fly this way but really don’t understand how the small cable works but the longer ones do not. They both have the same plugs.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me and possibly give a solution or workaround?
I bought this cable from drone valley, he ships 1st class USPS the same day and the cable works perfect.

Curious. Is there some new magic in this update?
Not that I can find. I have been having an issue that Apple is aware of that even though I am logged in with my Apple ID it does not recognize that I am. I was hoping the .1 was going to fix this but it’s just security updates best I can tell.

Hello Mavic Community,

An update for anyone interested. I purchased two more cords that were recommended. Still had no connection to the iPad Pro. I was completely baffled that the smaller cord that came with the Mini works but the longer ones won’t . So I concentrated on the small cord and came up with a solution. I purchased a Ace yoon Type C Female to Female Adapter / Coupler from Amazon. I plug the small Mavic Mini cord that came with the Drone into the remote micro USB port and the other Type C end into the adapter. I then use the power cord that came with the iPad Pro and plug it into the other end of the adapter and then into my iPad Pro. It works just fine with the exception of the letterbox screen and not full screen. This can be expected due to the new iPad Pro spec‘s. Hopefully they will have an update that will fix this in the future. Thanks to everyone who tried to help with suggestions.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada