DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Lichi Pilot Beta discussion

Droning on and on...

Reactions
Okay, just went out and did a two POI, two waypoint mission with Litchi Pilot Beta and the Mini3P. I can confirm it runs Virtual Stick, shown at the top of the display. Here's a 30-second screen grab of the app in action:

Some comments on the test:
  • I had 5 actions set for the first waypoint: Stop Recording; Take Picture; Zoom 2x; Take Picture; Zoom 1x; Start Recording. It only executed the first 2. Don't know if this is a bug, or I set something up wrong in my hasty slap-dashing this mission together in the parking lot, so I'm going to more thoroughly test/investigate multiple action execution before I submit a report to the beta program.
  • At 5 seconds a warning pops up about the RC signal being weak. That's Virtual Stick for you. The car was in the way, I was leaning against the back bumper with the car and me between me and the drone. Moved, signal strong again. Nice there's a warning so you can do something about it and preserve the mission.
  • Forgot to set the cruise speed, so it went 10mph, default I guess. I was surprised pushing pitch forward didn't make it speed up. By contrast, the yaw stick was active.
  • Gotta plan the mission with Litchi and upload to Mission Hub, then download from MH in Pilot.

Last edited:
Today i try the App with my Huawei P30 Pro.

Load the mission, press playButton, confirm the 1st Waypoint request and ?
Nothing happend ! :(

Drone stands still in the air at the point i position it with the RC-N1 sticks.

Dont know whats wrong here.

Hello Pilots
Found the issue of not working Mission !

Must be on a edge of a NFZ that I don't notice.
Now my test mission works fine .

test 1 + 2

Poor video quality,cause I recorded in auto setting .

Okay, just went out and did a two POI, two waypoint mission with Litchi Pilot Beta and the Mini3P. I can confirm it runs Virtual Stick, shown at the top of the display. Here's a 30-second screen grab of the app in action:

Some comments on the test:
  • I had 5 actions set for the first waypoint: Stop Recording; Take Picture; Zoom 2x; Take Picture; Zoom 1x; Start Recording. It only executed the first 2. Don't know if this is a bug, or I set something up wrong in my hasty slap-dashing this mission together in the parking lot, so I'm going to more thoroughly test/investigate multiple action execution before I submit a report to the beta program.
  • At 5 seconds a warning pops up about the RC signal being weak. That's Virtual Stick for you. The car was in the way, I was leaning against the back bumper with the car and me between me and the drone. Moved, signal strong again. Nice there's a warning so you can do something about it and preserve the mission.
  • Forgot to set the cruise speed, so it went 10mph, default I guess. I was surprised pushing pitch forward didn't make it speed up. By contrast, the yaw stick was active.
  • Gotta plan the mission with Litchi and upload to Mission Hub, then download from MH in Pilot.
I use the Litchi APP on my iPad, not sure about "Litchi Pilot" (I don't even know what that is). Anyway, I've noticed that some of the commands you store on your waypoint mission (using the flylitchi.com/hub) take some time to execute. You need to build-in some time delays for them to work properly. Something like:

1. Left-mouse click the map to store a waypoint at mouse location. Waypoint box opens up.
  2. Click the "+" near the bottom left-hand corner of this window.
  3. Actions says "Stay for". The next field shows "0s". Change this to something like 2s to give whatever action you are attempting to execute. For example, I go to a waypoint, "Stay for" 2s, then take a photo. Go to another waypoint, Stay for 2s, then take another photo. See if this solves your problem.

I use the Litchi APP on my iPad, not sure about "Litchi Pilot" (I don't even know what that is).
Hi jim
Litchi Pilot is obviously in the beta testing phase atm, something you have to be aware of and seek out. It's not going to pop up in your app store of choice.

Most likely, it only works with certain quads which use the Fly app. Which model quad do you use Litchi with?

Hello Pilots
Found the issue of not working Mission !

Must be on a edge of a NFZ that I don't notice.
Now my test mission works fine .

I can confirm this. Trying to run a Litchi mission using Litchi Pilot and Mini 3 Pro and I live within 5 kms of airport. Even though I have DJI authorization and Geo zone is unlocked in DJI Fly (then closed, also tried forcestop) Litchi still hovers at 1.2m when I run the mission. Hopefully app development will solve.

Reactions: pyrolator
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne