DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Litchi user question

Mazdaman323lx

Reactions
Ok , only got Litchi yesterday and did my first missions today in a open field and have a question for you more experienced pilots.
I noticed the altitude was ball park at best . Mavic air was at 2 meters and the app was telling me it was at 8 etc.
I know this is due to google earth approximations . So question is this , Is there a way to fly a mission manually , have litchi or some other app record the flight path , save it , and be able top load it up at another time and fly the exact route again. I nervous trusting litching to fly the drone at low levels where I want to fly at if its altitude control is so off .
Any suggestions or advice appreciated

I noticed the altitude was ball park at best . Mavic air was at 2 meters and the app was telling me it was at 8 etc.
I know this is due to google earth approximations .
Are you sure this has anything to do with Google?
Where were you seeing the height ?
The normal height display in Litchi is the same as it is in the DJI app.
Had you specifically programmed Litchi to set waypoints above ground level or used teh default which would set them above the launch point?
So question is this , Is there a way to fly a mission manually , have litchi or some other app record the flight path , save it
No .. there's no simple way to do that.
I nervous trusting litching to fly the drone at low levels where I want to fly at if its altitude control is so off .
So you should be.
Flying close to obstacles (including the ground) is risky.
If you understand GPS precision you never program Litchi to fly close to obstacles and always allow a comfortable safety margin.

Reactions: RonW
Are you sure this has anything to do with Google?
Where were you seeing the height ?
The normal height display in Litchi is the same as it is in the DJI app.
Had you specifically programmed Litchi to set waypoints above ground level or used teh default which would set them above the launch point?

No .. there's no simple way to do that.

So you should be.
Flying close to obstacles (including the ground) is risky.
If you understand GPS precision you never program Litchi to fly close to obstacles and always allow a comfortable safmargin.
The app set all the waypoints to 30m , I adjusted each one to 2m - 5m.

Mavic air was at 2 meters and the app was telling me it was at 8 etc. The app set all the waypoints to 30m , I adjusted each one to 2m - 5m.
Then it has nothing to do with Google Earth or Litchi.
It would be the same in the DJI app because they both get their altitude information from the same source - the barometric sensor in the drone.

Allow a comfortable safety margin to allow for the inaccuracy of GPS (for horizontal clearance) and the barometric sensor (for vertical clearance).

Reactions: sigma662
OK thanks. Now this might seem like a stupid question , but I set all my waypoints altitudes relative to the home point altitude ? So If Im on top of a hill and I fly down the hill I need to set negative heights as I decend down the hill?
And as regards my initial question , is there a way to capture a manually flown mission , and fly it autonomously later ?

Ok , only got Litchi yesterday and did my first missions today in a open field and have a question for you more experienced pilots.
I know this is due to google earth approximations . So question is this , Is there a way to fly a mission manually , have litchi or some other app record the flight path , save it , and be able top load it up at another time and fly the exact route again. I nervous trusting litching to fly the drone at low levels where I want to fly at if its altitude control is so off .
There is much for you to learn. For a starter, set your cruising speed to 0. When you start the mission you can use one of your sticks to fly the route forward or in reverse at any speed.
You can fly your missions as many times as you want over as many days as you want but they are tied to exact geo coordinates; you cannot fly the same pattern somewhere else.

If you lay your missions out on pc with mission hub and save you got it overe and over again you can do a mission and then adjust it to what you need eack time before you do it again and the earth pro 3d flight path visual will keep you at a safe flying level hang in there litchi is almost fool proof

Reactions: ldallara-air2
Thanks guys ,yes there's a bit of a learning curve , did another short mission today and I gotta say I'm hooked. As I have ye , another noob question , if my mavic air crashes during a mission what are my options. I know It will have gone down somewhere along the waypoint route , and I can trace that by foot , but does litchi have a find my drone option ? Does it cache the video to the mobile device. Just worried In case some power or phone line I hadn't picked up on comes into play.

if my mavic air crashes during a mission what are my options. I know It will have gone down somewhere along the waypoint route , and I can trace that by foot , but does litchi have a find my drone option ?
Litchi produces a flight log (not as comprehensive as that from the DJI app), and it might help the data analysts, together with your Litchi flight plan.
We've found/solved Litchi incidents before.

marco polo they rarely go down with enough battery to be able to locate them , i shouldn,t say that cause thats what happens to me yes litchi has rendered a downed aircraft for me but ideal conditions to do so

There is much for you to learn. For a starter, set your cruising speed to 0. When you start the mission you can use one of your sticks to fly the route forward or in reverse at any speed.
You can fly your missions as many times as you want over as many days as you want but they are tied to exact geo coordinates; you cannot fly the same pattern somewhere else.
With the Litchi Mission Hub, you can move the mission pattern to wherever you want, Litchi will set new coordinates automatically.

I've bought a Mavic Air 2; flying well with DJI Fly. I've purchased Litchi, however, I cannot work out how to either give me the option of Litchi / DJI, or 'force stop' the DJI app to use the Litchi. Iphone 7... (I've gone through all phone settings on the phone I can find, but none 'force stop DJI, which starts automatically). I'd prefer to keep the DJI Fly app installed, if that's possible.
Any assistance would be really appreciated.

I've bought a Mavic Air 2; flying well with DJI Fly. I've purchased Litchi, however, I cannot work out how to either give me the option of Litchi / DJI, or 'force stop' the DJI app to use the Litchi. Iphone 7... (I've gone through all phone settings on the phone I can find, but none 'force stop DJI, which starts automatically). I'd prefer to keep the DJI Fly app installed, if that's possible.
Any assistance would be really appreciated.
My wife has an iPhone 7 and I just tried this. If you quickly press the home button twice is shows all of the open apps and you can swipe up on one to quit it. Also, I don’t have the fly app because I use Go4 but I suspect there is a setting in the Fly app where you can tell it to not start automatically.

Thanks for your help - I managed to swipe the DJI app as you suggested, however, when I connected the USB, it immediately defaulted to the DJI app leaving Litchi 'Aircraft disconnected'. I have an android phone I may have to install Litchi on, however, I believe that means paying for the app twice. The only other option that I can see is to uninstall DJI Fly... I am a little reluctant to do that without 'testing' Litchi.
Les

Timewarden,
Been using Litchi for 3yrs on my Ipad mini4, never a problem. Only use Go Fly app when needing to calibrate. Litchi is the cats proverbial whiskers as far as I am concerned.
Not sure about iphones, but as has been suggested, you may be able to stop auto connection in settings. Explore and see.
Hope this helps, and from one oldie to another, welcome!

Hey, RonW, Thanks very much for your reply. I've gone and purchased Litchi for Android, which I'll run on a Samsung 5 (Android); hopefully won't experience any issues, as I'll remove DJI app from that phone (just a 'monitor'). Appreciate you opinion, and looking forward to (attempting) to get the LItchi Android app going tomorrow.

Thanks!

Les

(We're not that old - just exploring the future!)

Thanks for your help - I managed to swipe the DJI app as you suggested, however, when I connected the USB, it immediately defaulted to the DJI app leaving Litchi 'Aircraft disconnected'.
You can use the same method to exit the DJI app after you have connected the controller using the USB.

Personally, despite all the advice and plain common sense, I usually have both running on my iPhone and experience no difficulties...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty