DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New mav mini won’t turn on?!

mylo23

Reactions
Hi I wonder if anyone can help I’ve just took a brand new mini out the box, put battery in dock, plugged supplied charger wire but nothing happens. No lights underneath drone. Nothing at all, really disappointed

50 odd views and zero replies. I'll have a go.

1. Check battery is fully inserted in the aircraft.
2. Check cable fully inserted into plug beneath the battery compartment and next to SD card slot
3. Check other end of cable fully inserted into the DJI charger.
4. Check for power in the wall outlet you plug DJI charger into.

If all those are good, you have two choices: Call retailer you bought it from or try a combination of different items in the list. Easiest would be to try a different cable and then try a different charger.

Reactions: mylo23 and Brian I
Thanks for the reply, the same lead charges the remote fine so I suspect a battery issue. I’ve got a new battery coming tmrw to see If it sorts the issue. Thanks again

Ok, so progress has been made and you've been able to narrow it down to either battery or aircraft. Let's hope the new battery will light up and you'll be in the air in no time. Good luck with it and welcome to the forums!

Reactions: mylo23
Got mine, first drone, at Christmas. DOA. Returned it to DJI for replacement. It took a month because it was from Amazon and I had a bit of a run around with DJI and the care insurance I had purchased. I thought it was funny . A drone that never was able to be activated but had to return it as a damaged one. I finally go Amazon prime to replace it but DJI had to verify things first. Anyway it took a month but it was winter so not an issue.

Reactions: mylo23
Ok, so progress has been made and you've been able to narrow it down to either battery or aircraft. Let's hope the new battery will light up and you'll be in the air in no time. Good luck with it and welcome to the forums!
Thanks appreciate it,

I do find it odd that everything seems so… dead. I’ve always messed about with cheap drones, this is my first ‘proper’ one akd
Not a good start! Amazon are delivering new battery tomorrow, fingers crossed!

Got mine, first drone, at Christmas. DOA. Returned it to DJI for replacement. It took a month because it was from Amazon and I had a bit of a run around with DJI and the care insurance I had purchased. I thought it was funny . A drone that never was able to be activated but had to return it as a damaged one. I finally go Amazon prime to replace it but DJI had to verify things first. Anyway it took a month but it was winter so not an issue.
Can you explain what you mean ‘activated’

Just wondering if you have tried charging the battery directly in the Mini as per the manual below. It should show flashing leds. Also do the leds next to the power on button do anything when following the power on button pressing sequence?

Powering on.jpg

So disappointed how can a brand new drone arrive totally dead
Just wondering if you have tried charging the battery directly in the Mini as per the manual below. It should show flashing leds. Also do the leds next to the power on button do anything when following the power on button pressing sequence?

View attachment 129921
i have no power at all no LED will light up

Can you explain what you mean ‘activated’
I was never able to get beyond power to the drone and it came up on the iphone screen with an erroro code. The drone never flew, never spun up, only the green lights came on. That's as far as I could get with it.

Ok so after sending to the Netherlands they have looked at it and said it needs a core board module and they are doing it free of charge

To be fair to them they are speedy quick and the comms are a1. I’ll probably have it back early next week can’t wait for first flight

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d