Reactions
New Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom Firmware Released

Overview
  • Date: 2018.10.11
  • Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.01.00
  • DJI GO 4 App iOS: v4.3.3
  • DJI GO 4 App Android: v4.3.2
What’s New?
  • Added ability to make a selection and adjust the flight speed and duration for Hyperlapse (requires DJI GO 4 v4.3.2 or higher).
  • Added ability to delete Hyperlapse and Panorama RAW footage in Playback (requires DJI GO 4 v4.3.2 or higher).
  • Added ability to enable and disable Vision Systems by using remote controller’s C1 and C2 buttons (requires DJI GO 4 v4.3.2 or higher).
  • Enabled Lateral Vision Systems for QuickShots sub-modes of Circle, Helix, and Boomerang. Refer to the Mavic 2 User Manual for more details about the requirements for obstacle sensing.
  • Optimized ActiveTrack 2.0.
  • Improved photo quality for Panorama.
  • Improved aircraft flight stability.
Notes
  • Restart the aircraft and remote controller after upgrade is complete.
  • Please note that firmware update may reset various Main Controller Settings, such as the RTH Altitude and Maximum Flight Distance, to factory defaults. Before the update, take note of your preferred DJI GO 4 settings, and readjust them after the update to suit your preference.
  • If the firmware upgrade fails, restart aircraft, remote controller and DJI GO 4 or DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic, and retry.

Apparently, DJI did not address the precision landing issue as so many have asked for. Most important for those that need it when using RTH. Maybe on the next release perhaps.

Some nice improvements; especially the disabling of vision systems and flight stability.

New Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom Firmware Released

Overview
  • Date: 2018.10.11
  • Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.01.00
  • DJI GO 4 App iOS: v4.3.3
  • DJI GO 4 App Android: v4.3.2
What’s New?
  • Added ability to make a selection and adjust the flight speed and duration for Hyperlapse (requires DJI GO 4 v4.3.2 or higher).
  • Added ability to delete Hyperlapse and Panorama RAW footage in Playback (requires DJI GO 4 v4.3.2 or higher).
  • Added ability to enable and disable Vision Systems by using remote controller’s C1 and C2 buttons (requires DJI GO 4 v4.3.2 or higher).
  • Enabled Lateral Vision Systems for QuickShots sub-modes of Circle, Helix, and Boomerang. Refer to the Mavic 2 User Manual for more details about the requirements for obstacle sensing.
  • Optimized ActiveTrack 2.0.
  • Improved photo quality for Panorama.
  • Improved aircraft flight stability.
Notes
  • Restart the aircraft and remote controller after upgrade is complete.
  • Please note that firmware update may reset various Main Controller Settings, such as the RTH Altitude and Maximum Flight Distance, to factory defaults. Before the update, take note of your preferred DJI GO 4 settings, and readjust them after the update to suit your preference.
  • If the firmware upgrade fails, restart aircraft, remote controller and DJI GO 4 or DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic, and retry.

This is just a very minor point release mainly bug fixing and some minor refinements that were simple and safe to release. I am sure there will be another one later this year (maybe before the holiday rush...:))

Maybe the flight stability update will prevent further occurrences of Mavics inexplicably falling from the sky?

I upgraded, now my camera auto focus looks like there's vaseline on the lens (perfect in video mode though).
All sensors disabled.
No radar on display no matter the toggle position.
Option to disable sensors via C1 or C2 is in chinese!
Uninstalling.

I have had problems updating with my android phone or with my pc. Dji assistant download the update but will not install. The first update crahed the program om pc. And now not installing. Had to use a mac first update, and now an iphone, cant be to hard to make proper software för pc and android...

Firmware fail. Waypoints (coming soon means what?), other missing features etc.

Maybe the strategy for consumers is let them release and wait a year so they can deliver on expectations.

Well I got it updated via phone and RC. For some reason I could not successfully download the update through assistant. I flew a little and tested active track. Worked great!

Has anyone been able to update the controller with DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic? via USB as shown in the video? I can easily connect the Mavic Pro 2 and update, but the controller when attached with either micro USB port or traditional USB port will not connect. This is on a Mac Pro, running High Sierra. I am able to update the controller via DJIGO4 with no problem, but would prefer to use Assistant 2 for Mavic.

Here is the Video link

Paul C

Last edited:
Has anyone been able to update the controller with DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic? via USB as shown in the video? I can easily connect the Mavic Pro 2 and update, but the controller when attached with either micro USB port or traditional USB port will not connect. This is on a Mac Pro, running High Sierra. I am able to update the controller via DJIGO4 with no problem, but would prefer to use Assistant 2 for Mavic.

Paul C

I’ve vaguely remember reading that there is a sequence in order to get the assistant 2 app to recognize the controller. You either have to have the controller plugged in when you turn it on or you have to turn it on first before plugging it in. I don’t remember which but are usually have to fiddle with it in order to get mine to be recognized. I never can remember what the sequences though.

thanks, I tried it both ways, never got it to connect. May be something to do with the mac, Never got my P4 VR 2.0 controller to connect either. Drones never have problems.

Paul C

thanks, I tried it both ways, never got it to connect. May be something to do with the mac, Never got my P4 VR 2.0 controller to connect either. Drones never have problems.

Paul C

In full disclosure, I run a PC so you may be correct it may be something unique to the Mac. You are 100% correct however... These drones are absolutely rock solid. Not a single problem.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erhard