DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic 3 Pro Same Problem

bkushner

Reactions
Well received the new REPLACEMENT Mavic 3 Pro today and the SAME EXACT THING is happening during timelapses. Check the crane on the right you will see how much the altitude rises during what was a very short clip

So that was a PITA and Waste of time. Gonna see if I can get my Mavic 3 back I sold to a private party. This nonsense isn't worth a 3X Lens.

Thats alot of movement, i reckon that gimbal is too darn heavy. I to have a M3 and the time lapses work out just great. Nice shot BTW!

Thanks for your continued reports. I’ll stick with the M3 a while longer and keep reading.

Well received the new REPLACEMENT Mavic 3 Pro today and the SAME EXACT THING is happening during timelapses. Check the crane on the right you will see how much the altitude rises during what was a very short clip

So that was a PITA and Waste of time. Gonna see if I can get my Mavic 3 back I sold to a private party. This nonsense isn't worth a 3X Lens.

Are these with the 3x lens though? One of the effects of optical zoom is that even the slightest movement of the camera becomes exaggerated and I'm not really surprised the gimbal can't fully smooth it out. It's not enough to affect still photos until you get into longer exposures IME, but certainly not surprising to me that it's noticeable in a timelapse. I agree this shouldn't happen with the wide lens, and I plan on testing mine this weekend, but I honestly wouldn't even attempt a zoomed timelapse because a drone just isn't stable enough.

Reactions: mereflyer
Looks like it's over water.

Try a different location. Looks like wind might be bouncing it.

I believe the issue is whether the Mavic 3 Pro's position control during timelapses is worse that that of the Mavic 3.

Does it react to wind and turbulence differently or is it's GPS location and control functions less effective? I'm curious, because I'm weighing an upgrade to the Pro.

(I don't see how the drone being over water is significant here.)

I am no expert here at all but it must have something to do with the gimbal now supporting a heavier camera housing, its just so weird that your older Mavic 3 was rock solid and yet this one is just a leaf in the wind so to speak. I really hope DJI can address this issue at some point with a good firmware update!

Reactions: MS Coast
it must have something to do with the gimbal now supporting a heavier camera housing
From the examples provided by the OP, this is most likely a position hold issue.
Without knowing the internal hardware differences between the two different M3 models, the hope would be that it could be remedied via a firmware modification.
Until I see or read that DJI is addressing these kind of issues, wallet closed for now.

Reactions: michaeldallen1
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078