DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Air Crash

Thunderking

Reactions
Good morning, I recently purchased a Mavic Air in my area, first time out I flew into the side of my house and the drone fell about five feet onto the concrete, Anyways I’m ok with that, my question would be that falling on concrete could I have damaged the drone some how, I’ve heard that they are a very robust machine but as I am new to drones I would just like to find out others opinions on how durable they are, thank you for your input.

Last edited:
I’ve heard that they are a very robust machine but as I am new to drones I would just like to find out others opinions on how durable they are, thank you for your input.

My personal rule is to avoid testing the maximum durability of my drone if at all possible. :)

Seriously though... Have you ever dropped a cell phone on the ground...and picked it up... only to see that it survived the fall without a mark? Sometimes you are lucky like that with your drone...sometimes you are not. The Mavic Air is well built, and it can survive some minor scraps unscathed, but I still treat it like a fairly fragile piece of camera equipment...because that is basically what it is.

My personal rule is to avoid testing the maximum durability of my drone if at all possible. :)

Seriously though... Have you ever dropped a cell phone on the ground...and picked it up... only to see that it survived the fall without a mark? Sometimes you are lucky like that with your drone...sometimes you are not. The Mavic Air is well built, and it can survive some minor scraps unscathed, but I still treat it like a fairly fragile piece of camera equipment...because that is basically what it is.
I agree with you, I handle it like a glass ornament, but it was an accident. Thank you for your input

Reactions: Shon

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk