DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Air Question

Bschnupp

Reactions
Hello I'm new to the drone world and just purchased a MAvic Air. I'm registered it with the FAA recreational use. I see one the requirements is to take a aeronautical knowledge and safety test. I'm having problems finding this test online. Is it offered online and is it currently required for my Mavic Air for recreational use?

Hello I'm new to the drone world and just purchased a MAvic Air. I'm registered it with the FAA recreational use. I see one the requirements is to take a aeronautical knowledge and safety test. I'm having problems finding this test online. Is it offered online and is it currently required for my Mavic Air for recreational use?
It's not available yet, the FAA is currently working on it. Just follow the rules listed on the dronezone site for safe flight.
Also remember that you cannot fly in controlled airspace without LANNC authorization. You can search online to learn how to use the system.
Fly safe and have fun, remember that you're an ambassador for all drone pilots.
Welcome to the forum. You can search here to find information on most things and ask if you can't find it. There's guys here who know almost everything.

It's not available yet, the FAA is currently working on it. Just follow the rules listed on the dronezone site for safe flight.
Also remember that you cannot fly in controlled airspace without LANNC authorization. You can search online to learn how to use the system.
Fly safe and have fun, remember that you're an ambassador for all drone pilots.
Welcome to the forum. You can search here to find information on most things and ask if you can't find it. There's guys here who know almost everything.

Thanks for the reply thought that was what I was reading. I'll be sure to review everything else as well Ive been doing that over the last week and speaking to other drone pilots who are experienced

Welcome. The MA is a great system.

I recommend for your first set of flights to turn on beginner mode. and to find a field or park with a large open space and no trees/buildings nearby. in beginner mode it really cant go too far but for sanity sake it will help if you dont have obstacles nearby when learning to fly.

also, be sure to read and set the RTH settings properly (there are 3 different RTH scenarios). As well, when starting, be sure to wait for a good # of gps (see top of Go4 app) and then you should hear the pretty lady say "Home Point Set". Once she says that you are good to take off.

Good luck!

welcome to the forum happy flying

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dcjz