DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic - Disconnected issue

lawlessgraphics

Reactions
My friend just bought a mavic pro last night and we went through all the setup as we were instructed. However, when we open the GO4 app, it says disconnected. He is using a Galaxy S8 with the USB C cable. We have tried almost everything we can think of (deleting app, redownloading it, checking the cable connection, etc) but nothing seems to work. Has anyone experienced this. Haven't been able to fly one time since taken out of the box. Would appreciate any help we can get!

My friend just bought a mavic pro last night and we went through all the setup as we were instructed. However, when we open the GO4 app, it says disconnected. He is using a Galaxy S8 with the USB C cable. We have tried almost everything we can think of (deleting app, redownloading it, checking the cable connection, etc) but nothing seems to work. Has anyone experienced this. Haven't been able to fly one time since taken out of the box. Would appreciate any help we can get!
If you are using the USB on the bottom you have to unplug the USB on the side.

If you are using the USB on the bottom you have to unplug the USB on the side.
We are using the included USB C cable that comes with the Mavic pro. We swapped out the lightning cable on the side port for the USB C. The drone to controller connection seems to be fine as its flashing green light so the problem has to be somewhere with the phone to controller connection but can't figure it out.

We are using the included USB C cable that comes with the Mavic pro. We swapped out the lightning cable on the side port for the USB C. The drone to controller connection seems to be fine as its flashing green light so the problem has to be somewhere with the phone to controller connection but can't figure it out.
Have you opened the DJI GO4 app and logged into your (or your friends) account?

Also try a different cable (maybe a regular USB) and try from the bottom as well as the side USB port.

I am going to try the new cable as soon as I get home. About the only thing I haven't tried yet. Will report back!
Use a regular to mini USB cable and plug it in to the bottom USB port on the controller. While researching everything on the Mavic I found a video on Youtube regarding users that had issues using the included USB cable and disconnects. The fix was to use the bottom USB port. I have never had an issue using this method of connectivity.

Sometimes sequence change can help. Try starting the app, but plug the RC into the phone as last step.

he switched the phone to an iPhone from the Galaxy S8 and it worked no problem. So obviously something to do with the S8 connection to the controller.

Update: used another USB C cable on the bottom port to the S8 and worked flawless. I'm getting my mavic delivered today so gonna try the side port wire that comes in my box and see if it works to determine if his wire is bad or the port.

Update: used another USB C cable on the bottom port to the S8 and worked flawless. I'm getting my mavic delivered today so gonna try the side port wire that comes in my box and see if it works to determine if his wire is bad or the port.
Glad you got it figured out; that is what we bring to the table here, Resolution.

I received my new mavic today and we swapped cords to see if his cord was just bad or his side port and come to find out his side port was bad on controller. He went to Best Buy to exchange it but at first refused to do so and wanted to charge him 15% restocking fee for returning a product they sold defective (this store is a bit confused on what restocking fee is, as you can not charge a customer 15% for returning a defective unit they bought from you within the return period".) but he fought them for a hour and they waived the fee. He brought the new one home and side port works fine now. Case closed! Now I feel like calling Best Buy to tell them what a crappy staff they have and that they need to read their own policies better lol

Check that your phone is actually connected to the controller, it can be plugged in yet not have a closed circuit -push the connectors in.

Also, check that the Mavic's switch is solidly to the right, to "RC".

I've had both problems, several times.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan