DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic in Ajax ON

Now that the chaos of back to school is over, does anyone want to get some fall footage together?
I'm eager to get some tips and do some more flying in the Ajax area.
Here's my latest drone footage from a rented cottage up north.

Hey guys in the GTA,

Anyone down to have a drone meet? PM me and we can start a Drone WhatsApp chat and fly together.

Hey GoodGuy,

I live in the Clarington Area (Courtice, Bowmanville, etc.) and I just ordered a Mavic Pro which should be here in a few days. Yes, complete noob! I was hoping to see if you or anyone else would be willing to meet up to give me some pointers, other than the 1 million YouTube videos I've already looked at. I'll make sure to get out and do a few test runs beforehand. Additionally, I see that parks are off limit, would anyone know anything about the rules of Conservation Areas?

Hey GoodGuy,

I live in the Clarington Area (Courtice, Bowmanville, etc.) and I just ordered a Mavic Pro which should be here in a few days. Yes, complete noob! I was hoping to see if you or anyone else would be willing to meet up to give me some pointers, other than the 1 million YouTube videos I've already looked at. I'll make sure to get out and do a few test runs beforehand. Additionally, I see that parks are off limit, would anyone know anything about the rules of Conservation Areas?
Nice. I teach skiing at Brimacombe in the winter. I want to get down there and get shots of the Hill. Im up in the kawartha lakes

Hey guys in the GTA,

Anyone down to have a drone meet? PM me and we can start a Drone WhatsApp chat and fly together.
I'll be in Toronto next weekend. Im. hoping to get to the bluffs and get some shots

I probably missed you going by the date, its 20th today, anyway, be careful where you fly the bluffs, I understand some areas are no-no's now. I fly north of Toronto so no issues, but, forests & many ,many fields of wheat. I;m looking for some new scenary to fly. I'm off to Mosport for trackdays next week, be a nice change.

I probably missed you going by the date, its 20th today, anyway, be careful where you fly the bluffs, I understand some areas are no-no's now. I fly north of Toronto so no issues, but, forests & many ,many fields of wheat. I;m looking for some new scenary to fly. I'm off to Mosport for trackdays next week, be a nice change.
I got up today twice. Just finishing a video up. Hopefully upload it Sunday. Im up in the kawarthas.

Just North of you guys, near Mt.Albert, which is straight up Markham road, also known as Hwy #48, Lots of farmers in this area will let you fly their acres, just shoot a couple of shots of their barns/farm house & your welcome anytime.
Also,some of us live on the edge of the Oak Ridge Morain, which goes on for more Klms. than we are able to fly.

Reactions: nevernamed
Just North of you guys, near Mt.Albert, which is straight up Markham road, also known as Hwy #48, Lots of farmers in this area will let you fly their acres, just shoot a couple of shots of their barns/farm house & your welcome anytime.
Also,some of us live on the edge of the Oak Ridge Morain, which goes on for more Klms. than we are able to fly.
I work in stouffville. thats awesome they let you do that. did you approach them for permission??

Did anyone here actually find a group of people to fly with? I'm in Stouffville and willing to travel a bit to meet some good people :)

Reactions: nevernamed
Did anyone here actually find a group of people to fly with? I'm in Stouffville and willing to travel a bit to meet some good people :)

Not really yet. There is durham drone/toronto dji on facebook. I met a few people from there. I am in stouffville every day. just outside of the 5.5 km circle of markham airport

Tim nice to meet you - we should plan a weekend morning to do a flight down by the Ajax or Whitby waterfront! Some pretty spots down there and I'd love to learn more by watching what someone else does. Here's the local footage from Duffins Creek last weekend:
Hi there, are you guys still flying in Ajax or whitby?

Evening to all. Been watching this site for a little while and finally joined. Living in North Oshawa, or what is sometimes referred to as Poshawa... ?. Recently purchased a little birthday gift for myself ( DJI Air 2S ). Did own an older DJI but left the hobby when the Regs came into effect. Now I meet all the necessary legal criteria and looking forward to a return of flight. An avid workaholic, an avid motorcyclist and heading to a return of avid flying. Truly looking forward to adapting the 2S with my riding ‘SAFELY and LEGALLY’ and hopefully editing some semi watchable stuff... Lastly, I would very much look forward to meeting some hobbyists, to share in this, not to mention gain some wisdom.

Last edited:
Tim nice to meet you - we should plan a weekend morning to do a flight down by the Ajax or Whitby waterfront! Some pretty spots down there and I'd love to learn more by watching what someone else does. Here's the local footage from Duffins Creek last weekend:
HI there, nice to see other pilots in my area. Love to see some areas in the Whitby, Ajax area to fly, trying to figure out all the NFZ areas.

HI there, nice to see other pilots in my area. Love to see some areas in the Whitby, Ajax area to fly, trying to figure out all the NFZ areas.
Hi guys, if you all meet, i'd be willing to join you for a flight, and chat about droning. Ajax or whitby, although I think whitby waterfront is still covered as controlled air space, cause the Oshawa airport. but I'd still be willing to come to chat as I only have a basic licence for now.

Hi there, to be honest that's a little early for me. My drone and I don't get up until 10 or 11am lol. I was thinking thru the week in the evening around 6pm or 7pm. If not we'll figure something out.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580