DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic in Ajax ON

Welcome friends !! Don't forget If you ever need to mod your birds I'm in the Toronto area ! www.maxxuav.ca

If you ever have trouble with interference or obstacles .. let me know !! Or if you just have questions !! I'm just a lover of the hobby like the rest of them !! Fly safe & let's keep the hobby fun !!

Interesting. Now that my Mavic and Spark have, uh, relaxed limits... may look into the Nano Sync.

Hey folks! I live in Ajax too, literally just got my Spark in the mail today so I'm looking to go take it for a rip tonight before the inevitable next rain storm rolls in!

I'm just a bit apprehensive about the Town of Ajax rules, I know that their Parks By-Law prohibits all drone flights in any park. Ever have any issues?

Reactions: GoodGuy
Hey folks! I live in Ajax too, literally just got my Spark in the mail today so I'm looking to go take it for a rip tonight before the inevitable next rain storm rolls in!

I'm just a bit apprehensive about the Town of Ajax rules, I know that their Parks By-Law prohibits all drone flights in any park. Ever have any issues?

By-laws.. forgot that they may exist.. is there a place we can check by-laws of towns and municipalities in Ontario?

By-laws.. forgot that they may exist.. is there a place we can check by-laws of towns and municipalities in Ontario?
I found the Ajax By-Laws just using Google search; I'm not familiar with how each township would structure their by-law sites, if they have one at all.

I'd recommend doing a Google search using a string like:

"(INSERT CITY/TOWN) drone law"

That's how I found the Ajax by-law (read it here)

I found the Ajax By-Laws just using Google search; I'm not familiar with how each township would structure their by-law sites, if they have one at all.

I'd recommend doing a Google search using a string like:

"(INSERT CITY/TOWN) drone law"

That's how I found the Ajax by-law (read it here)
Oh my. 4.1 (b) is pretty succinct. Can't fly in Ajax parks. Okay, may need stop sending my Ajax park drone video links to the Mayor...

Reactions: nicotheredfish
Wasn't sure if i should start a thread, but I am going to mississauga ontario for a few days. Any suggestions for places to fly?

I'm still a bit on the fence on the Mavic. If there's anyone flying one evening or weekend, I'd love to watch you if possible - just to see the aircraft in action. I'm close tothe Scarborough/Ajax area

HI I bought Mavic Pro week ago but since than I am not able to fly because I am not able to calibrate, remote controller calibration and not even IMU calibration, using DJI assistance 2 download with iPhone 7 Plus.
Need help.

HI I bought Mavic Pro week ago but since than I am not able to fly because I am not able to calibrate, remote controller calibration and not even IMU calibration, using DJI assistance 2 download with iPhone 7 Plus.
Need help.
Not sure you are in the good section, try here : Mavic Pro Help
for the calibration, you were in an open field, outside ?
Did you update all devices ? (drone + app on iphone)
did you run first your RC + iphone and after the mavic ?

I'm still a bit on the fence on the Mavic. If there's anyone flying one evening or weekend, I'd love to watch you if possible - just to see the aircraft in action. I'm close tothe Scarborough/Ajax area

GoodGuy and I are in the Whitby/Ajax area and I am sure you would be sold seeing the MP in action.

Tim

Just a little North of you guys, near Newmarket, but out in the sticks, I live on the Oak Ridge moraine, so I take off from my backyard & just explore. Farmers around here are pretty good about flying over their land too, only had one issue, last night farmer came over to me on his tractor, asked me not to fly over the cows as they were getting spooked. Not by the Mavic, he said, only when your flying the big white one! (P3A)

Need help.
Yes, this is a little more technical than I can help with - likely a different thread will help better...

Haven't been active on this thread in a while, but thought I'd catch up. Been flying lots in cottage country, and so long as you're not right on any float plane areas, you have lots of options.
Here's an example of some recent work:

My Facebook group Toronto DJI Drones are having a meetup in the Rouge Valley Park at the end of Lawrence Ave E. tomorrow at 6:00 pm. Check out my page for gps coordinates.

On Facebook search for my group Toronto DJI Drones. We are having a small meet up tomorrow Thursday 17 August. Rouge Valley Park. Check it out. Steve B.

Last edited:
My Facebook group Toronto DJI Drones are having a meetup in the Rouge Valley Park at the end of Lawrence Ave E. tomorrow at 6:00 pm. Check out my page for gps coordinates.

On Facebook search for my group Toronto DJI Drones. We are having a small meet up tomorrow Thursday 17 August. Rouge Valley Park. Check it out. Steve B.
So how did it go? I'm guessing too rainy to fly?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+